Lewis Hall

Paully

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

As much as we sometimes talk of Eddie's Brexit Mags.

Consistently we rely upon Schar, Botman, Bruno G, Joelinton, Isak, Almiron

Tonali will feature on this list soon. 

Arguably the majority of our best 11 are international players. 

Pope…..

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Does anyone know how a sale of Targett would affect our FFP? I always get lost with that stuff but my assumption was because he's such a recent signing, we wouldn't feel that much benefit as there's still a lot of 'amortisation' to go?

This is irrespective of how much of a shame it would be for him to go already. The guy really got screwed over with the timing of his injuries.

Depends how much he’s sold for, but he’ll only have amortised £3m of the original £15m so far.

I think it’s premature to think he’s going - and I don’t think we’ll sell.  If Hall is to be eased in at LB, then Burn is likely to be moved back to CB with Targett still competing for a LB role.  Squad is still too thin to consider letting a solid PL LB like Targett go (unless the lad wants to go).  I hope he stays, personally. 

Just now, The Prophet said:

I wonder if this one was planned or just pure opportunism? 

That ITK Rob first mentioned him beginning of June

He's always been an option by the looks of it and now Chelsea need the FFP sorted we got it done

Wonder who our centre half targets are

?

Andersen seems to be a constant link not seen many others

Just now, The Prophet said:

Feels a number of our signings are a mix of the two e.g. Gordon. Coveted for a fair while but we're not going to dive in willy nilly, happy to wait it out.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We apparently bid for him earlier in the window and were told no.

Must have really wanted him though because we held off on other options till now, and as Liverpool forced Chelsea to pay an extra £20 million or so for Caicedo, Chelsea had to reconsider to balance their books.

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Does anyone know how a sale of Targett would affect our FFP? I always get lost with that stuff but my assumption was because he's such a recent signing, we wouldn't feel that much benefit as there's still a lot of 'amortisation' to go?

This is irrespective of how much of a shame it would be for him to go already. The guy really got screwed over with the timing of his injuries.

As I understand it, and assuming we paid £15m for him, he'll have amortised 20% since last summer, meaning we still 'owe' £12m in FFP terms.

Sell him for £15m, we bank £3m for FFP, sell him for £9m and we immediately lose £3m etc. etc.

Bit of both I suspect, we need a LB but this deal only seems to have become viable with Chelsea’s mental spending. 

We recruit to skill profiles and likely have a list of players for the position. Agents etc likely made aware if we hold an interest. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Instinct is that it's been a terrific window if this comes off. Wary to give it a rating before we've seen how the squad copes with the rigours of a four-competition season (particularly concerned about how much football Lascelles is likely to play), but you'd have to be a serious pessimist not to feel encouraged, especially after Tonali and Barnes' debuts, not to mention Gordon's newsigningitis. 

Crucially we've not lost anyone important, either, which we seem to take for granted a bit these days, after years of assuming that was always likely. 

If you take a step back this season might not end up massively bigger to last. We enter the League cup a round later so that will help. Also with the Xmas World Cup the winter break will return this season. I appreciate we would hope to progress further in the FA Cup this season but chances are we won’t get as good a draw for the League Cup that took us all the way to the final. Before the January window ends we’ll have a very good idea how many games we have left.

Ultimately EH has hopefully got the players in he can trust as it’s up to him how and when he rotates and it was pretty clear last season he wasn’t keen to, particularly in defence.

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

He's always been an option by the looks of it and now Chelsea need the FFP sorted we got it done

?

Who is the England under 21 centre back with 12 months left (I think) on his contract?

Pure opportunism. There's no way Chelsea would be selling their best prospects unless they were strangled into it.

It's still a lot of money but there's plenty of potential there.

I also don't think we're done yet. A RCB will arrive too.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Depends how much he’s sold for, but he’ll only have amortised £3m of the original £15m so far.

I think it’s premature to think he’s going - and I don’t think we’ll sell.  If Hall is to be eased in at LB, then Burn is likely to be moved back to CB with Targett still competing for a LB role.  Squad is still too thin to consider letting a solid PL LB like Targett go (unless the lad wants to go).  I hope he stays, personally. 

Completely agree. Was more the thinking that he wanted out of Villa for first team football so if he says he wants out I feel like we'd honour it. I hope he wants to stay and fight though.:thup:

On 12/08/2023 at 08:24, Manxst said:

“Newcastle are looking at centre-backs and have explored fees and availability for the likes of Jean-Clair Todibo (Nice), Edmond Tapsoba (Leverkusen), Odilon Kossounou (Leverkusen), Perr Schuurs (Torino), Joachim Andersen (Crystal Palace), Armel Bella-Kotchap (Southampton) and Antonio Silva (Benfica).” (Craig Hope)

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

?

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

As I understand it, and assuming we paid £15m for him, he'll have amortised 20% since last summer, meaning we still 'owe' £12m in FFP terms.

Sell him for £15m, we bank £3m for FFP, sell him for £9m and we immediately lose £3m etc. etc.

You need to also take wages into account which is currently £15m left on his contract(unless he puts in a transfer request) so in truth we still owe about £27m in FFP terms 

Edited by nufcnick

3 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Doubt we would continue paying his wages if we sell him like.

Unless the player puts in a transfer request, 99.99% of the time the terms of the contract need to be paid in full, he has 3 years left @£5m per season. (Why do you think we haven’t just released Frazer if that was the case)

Edited by nufcnick

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Unless the player puts in a transfer request, 99.99% of the time the terms of the contract need to be paid in full, he has 3 years left @£5m per season. (Why do you think we haven’t just released Frazer if that was the case)

Dont anyone thinks about releasing him.

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Are you saying that if we sell him we need to pay him what he would earn over his full contract, up front? 

surely that’s not right