Lewis Hall

Paully

3 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Club’s normal negotiate paying off some of the contract, when they sell players, they will have terms written into the contract ie “if we sell you after 12 months we will pay you so many months of your contract”.
Why do you think there are some many players that are happy to sit on the bench or reserve team and do nothing, as they know they won’t get the money there on elsewhere (Frazer/Harry Maguire) There only time clubs don’t have to pay up contracts is when the player puts in a transfer request(remember when Ashley forced Andy Carroll to put in a transfer request to move to Liverpool) 

As I said most of the time if the Buying club really wants the player, they will be one to pay part of the contract. 

I feel like there's a conflating of different circumstances here.

A player can indeed sit tight if they aren't going to get what they consider a reasonable salary if transferred to a new club, and a pay off can be agreed. But I wouldn't consider it to be the norm?

Normally a club agrees a fee, the player agrees terms they're happy with at the new club and that's that. As STM said, there could be loyalty bonuses in there but I wouldn't expect that to be of considerable value compared to the wages we'd be getting off our books. 

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

It isn’t right.

If a player was on more money and refused to leave for that reason then you would maybe have to look at compensating them for the difference between what they could earn with you compared to the new contract they were signing. However, if the player agrees to leave then the previous contract has been brought to an end by mutual consent with the player registration switching to their new club.

Yep this was my point.

It's entirely plausible that the club could agree some loyalty settlement, which would give the player a golden handshake on his way out.

If this was the case, players like Fraser would have moved on ages ago.

Very exciting signing. Love the way he seems to be able to effortlessly leave players for dead when he's on the ball. 

Imagine Isak on the end of some of those crosses, man? :kurt:

1 minute ago, STM said:

What you are saying here is absolutely bollocks as far as I'm aware.

It's absolutely not the case that you have to pay the remaining wages of a player who has say 4 years left on his contract at 100k a week or even come to a compromise.

The player might rightly not want to move because he's not going to earn as much elsewhere.

On the other hand, most players have a loyalty bonus written into their contract, whereby if they haven't asked to leave or pushed for a move in any way, they are owed a specific amount of money.

Apologies if I have completely misread your post.

As Far is I’m aware parts of the contract will be payable if the player is moved on at certain points in his contract(without a players request). I’m not saying that we have to pay the whole lot all I’m saying is he’s still owed £15m over the length of his contract, so the club would have to pay a portion of that to get him to leave(loyalty bonuses etc) , which then comes off FFP as well as the amortisation of the Fee we paid. 

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Targett will stay for now I imagine. Potentially moved on in Jan if Hall comes in and stakes a claim for LB from the off.

Yeah I think this is a likely scenario. 

See how many games Targett has played by January and then see if we can get 10m+ by the likes of Forest.

10 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Club’s normal negotiate paying off some of the contract, when they sell players, they will have terms written into the contract ie “if we sell you after 12 months we will pay you so many months of your contract”.
Why do you think there are some many players that are happy to sit on the bench or reserve team and do nothing, as they know they won’t get the money there on elsewhere (Frazer/Harry Maguire) There only time clubs don’t have to pay up contracts is when the player puts in a transfer request(remember when Ashley forced Andy Carroll to put in a transfer request to move to Liverpool) 

As I said most of the time if the Buying club really wants the player, they will be one to pay part of the contract. 

You have this wrong I'm afraid. @STM has it right about the loyalty bonus, but not many players have that built in to their contracts. Unless it's different at Premiership level, but it's certainly not the case further down the leagues, even at Championship level.

Maguire is staying at Man Utd purely for money purposes BTW. The sensible footballing choice would be to play first team for West Ham under a manager who would protect him but West Ham won't pay him that sort of money.

I suspect he's holding out for another club, possibly abroad.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Maguire is staying at Man Utd purely for money purposes BTW. The sensible footballing choice would be to play first team for West Ham under a manager who would protect him but West Ham won't pay him that sort of money.

I suspect he's holding out for another club, possibly abroad.

Maguire without the English tax? Wonder how much he could get, not even Saudis seem interested.

Edited by kocunar

Our recruitment is exceptional like. [emoji38]

They waited until they knew Chelsea needed to start balancing the books before moving.

They could have easily blinked early in the window and signed someone else.

30m is such good value... again.

12 hours ago, nemtizz said:

I know this isn't your opinion, but I don't care for this talking point of Newcastle just emulating how Liverpool/Klopp first were. Seen this narrative a few times now, and although there's some similarities I don't buy it. 

Feel like it's a really reductive way of looking at Howe and the work that he has done.

Telegraph journalist Luke Edwards discusses whether Chelsea teenager Lewis Hall will be moving to Newcastle for £30m: 

"I find this an interesting story. At the beginning of this window, Newcastle were told in no uncertain terms that Chelsea would not deal with them on Hall and they do not have £30m to spend at this moment either. They have been pretty consistent on that both on and off the record.

"Newcastle do want a left-back and will target one before the end of the window but they would like a loan - with an option or obligation to buy - to help them with their Financial Fair Play obligations. Hall would tick all the boxes for Howe, being young and very good going forward.

"I don't think Chelsea planned to sell Hall this window but having spent nearly a billion pounds under Todd Boehly's kid-in-a-sweet-shop regime they have huge problems in balancing the books. Only selling players can help with that.

"I think this is one that could go down to the wire."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united

There are similarities like, but I think the main one is the intensity and that we're both good to watch. Funnily enough, that Liverpool team that Klopp first set up reminded me a lot of Keegan's Newcastle, so you can easily tie Howe's Newcastle to that and just miss out Liverpool. 

Just now, Zero said:

Obviously Chelsea management doesn’t really rate Hall though

He won't be there in the couple of years it'll take for Hall to get past their other options, so it doesn't matter to him in the slightest.

24 minutes ago, Elric said:

Wiki say he from Slough :lol:

(but grew up supporting NUFC)

Some scamp had changed his childhood allegiance from slough mag to slough massive lads fan 

Anyone know where his dad’s originally from ? Be beautiful fewm from Weariside if he’s a Cewnty Derhem mag 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Telegraph journalist Luke Edwards discusses whether Chelsea teenager Lewis Hall will be moving to Newcastle for £30m: 

"I find this an interesting story. At the beginning of this window, Newcastle were told in no uncertain terms that Chelsea would not deal with them on Hall and they do not have £30m to spend at this moment either. They have been pretty consistent on that both on and off the record.

"Newcastle do want a left-back and will target one before the end of the window but they would like a loan - with an option or obligation to buy - to help them with their Financial Fair Play obligations. Hall would tick all the boxes for Howe, being young and very good going forward.

"I don't think Chelsea planned to sell Hall this window but having spent nearly a billion pounds under Todd Boehly's kid-in-a-sweet-shop regime they have huge problems in balancing the books. Only selling players can help with that.

Signed by Friday 3pm.

People are conflating things.  Loyalty bonuses are one thing. 

In the scenario a player is earning 100k at a club. With 2 years left and the club want him tk leave but the buying club is only offering £50k per week. To facilitate the deal the player may ask to be compensated for the loss of income for the next 2 years. Can be paid upfront or the normal duration of the contract.  
Sometimes players are happy to just take the pay cut. 

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Love that he's saying this while his colleague sat opposite has written and published a story that a bid has been accepted.

6 minutes ago, Zero said:

Obviously Chelsea management doesn’t really rate Hall though

Not like Chelsea have ever let players go that they later went on to regret. I think under normal circumstances they probably would have kept him on and tried to develop him but given they're really feeling the squeeze from FFP after spending nearly £1bn in 14 months they probably just happy to let him/anyone off the books if the right offer came along.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Love that he's saying this while his colleague sat opposite has written and published a story that a bid has been accepted.

Clearly his colleagues don't talk to him. Which is completely understandable.