Lewis Hall

Paully

Hate off to @KaKahe said Chelsea wanted to sell and the fee would be reasonable as it’s look as if he’s right :thup:

another amazing piece of business we couldn’t have even imagined. What a window this has been focused controlled and highly targetted. 

10 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Hate off to @KaKahe said Chelsea wanted to sell and the fee would be reasonable as it’s look as if he’s right :thup:

another amazing piece of business we couldn’t have even imagined. What a window this has been focused controlled and highly targetted. 

I'm happy about this but I'm not exactly going to be celebrating £30-35m as some incredible bargain (depending on what the actual fee is and the shape of add-ons).

28 minutes ago, Menace said:

Why not? Man U paid similar money for Luke Shaw eons ago. Times have changed.

It's a good purchase but that price is right at the edge of reasonable IMO. If we're paying slightly more to avoid any buy-back or sell-on clauses then I'm even happier.

I think RCB would have been bigger priority, but this also feels like the right player becoming available, and I think we'll take advantage of it. He'd be a good addition that can contribute now but be a great addition for the future

2 minutes ago, OverThere said:

So for left back we have Targett, Burn, A Murphy and in an emergency Dummet

Why another?

You could say the same at CB with Botman, Schar, Lascelles, Burn, Murphy and Dummett. 

I think Howe plans to move Burn inside. Murphy likely isn't quite ready and LB is his secondary position like Burn. Dummett hopefully isn't in the PL squad at all. We will need him for the CL though.

18 minutes ago, OverThere said:

So for left back we have Targett, Burn, A Murphy and in an emergency Dummet

Why another?

Really not the way to look at it, if we’re being honest. We will have the highest rated English left back of his generation. And we could have him for years and years. 

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Really not the way to look at it, if we’re being honest. We will have the highest rated English left back of his generation. And we could have him for years and years. 

This is it, at 18 his career is ahead of him, and he looks quite the prospect, with Livramento on the right, and Botman in the middle it's a backline that could remain relatively consistent for nearly a decade as we inevitably transition to life after tripper and schar at some point. 

If we plan on being a European mainstay, and I'm quite sure we do, then having young players who will qualify as "club-trained" for the purposes of European squads is worth a lot. You have to have 8 locally-trained players in your 25-man squad. 4 can be "association-trained", meaning 3 years with an English club between 15-21. The others have to be from your own club for those 3 years. We have Anderson and Miley potentially and Hall would be, too. That's enormously helpful and worth a fair bit of cash in and of itself.

Can't see this happening before Saturdays game but would be nice to have it tied up in time for Monday so he can get a full week of training in with the team and go straight into the matchday sqaud against Liverpool

The crazy thing is, looking at that bench against Villa, I'm not sure who would drop out for him, probably Targett, but that seems unfair if Hall has only had a week or so with the team compared to Targetts full pre season. And that's without Willock back yet. There's going to be some big established names who don't even make the bench this year in certain games.