Lewis Hall

Paully

Honestly I just trust Howe's judgement at this point, if Howe thinks he's worth £30m i am sure he will do, he seems rated enough for that to be a bargain. He's done ok when i've seen him but not entirely sure he's a full back, he is technically great but hadn't yet got the defensive side figured out fully imo which I'm sure will come with time, but he looks a bit like a Zinchenko to me, i.e. a midfielder who can play there rather than a great left back. All this is very early to say, even if he wasn't young and still learning haven't seen enough to commit to a full opinion

Chelsea fans were gutted to see him go, and looking at the state of them now, I think we took advantage of them being a mess in the recruitment dept. Pretty sure Howe absolutely rates Hall and won't be letting him go back to Chelsea if he can help it.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Honestly I just trust Howe's judgement at this point, if Howe thinks he's worth £30m i am sure he will do, he seems rated enough for that to be a bargain. He's done ok when i've seen him but not entirely sure he's a full back, he is technically great but hadn't yet got the defensive side figured out fully imo which I'm sure will come with time, but he looks a bit like a Zinchenko to me, i.e. a midfielder who can play there rather than a great left back. All this is very early to say, even if he wasn't young and still learning haven't seen enough to commit to a full opinion

I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd spent most of his Chelsea youth career in midfield so you're bang on with the Zinchenko likeness.

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd spent most of his Chelsea youth career in midfield so you're bang on with the Zinchenko likeness.

Yeah I had read he thought of himself more as a midfielder was more coached into full back so can't take credit of picking that up purely from his playing. It may also be my bias to full backs that look to enjoy defending and bias against the blessed trent alexander arnold

I'd keep him on. Was actually discussing this with a mate after Tino's latest stormer of a game and whether they may try to wriggle out of the deal if they decide other positions become more of a priority.

But that just doesn't feel very 'us' these days. When we lock in on a target we take him, no matter the public consensus on whether that position/player is needed or not (e.g. the obvious of people questioning more full back purchases and that's not a dig). If they saw something in Hall like they have all our other signings, I trust that implicitly and want to see how it plays out.

Only way I see them looking for an out is if he's not showing the will to improve and break in to the team, as he's clearly got ability. Doesn't seem that sort of character though. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I might be crazy but I feel like he came into the squad with more anticipation than Tino, so I'd 1000 percent trigger it.

You’re crazy.

Livramento was the one. (There were some doubts about whether he would fully recover from the  injury.)

Having some doubts about Hall. 

I realize that he couldn’t play against Chelsea, but he’s remained on the bench in two games where he was the only reasonable midfield sub. Howe trusts Miley enough to start those three games. But Hall doesn’t make an appearance ? Not even to kill the game? 

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Having some doubts about Hall. 

I realize that he couldn’t play against Chelsea, but he’s remained on the bench in two games where he was the only reasonable midfield sub. Howe trusts Miley enough to start those three games. But Hall doesn’t make an appearance ? Not even to kill the game? 

Doubt away but I'm giving Eddie the biggest rope in existence with his development of Hall after what he's done for Gordon and other players in the squad.

Would be crazy not to buy this lad. Although he'll be good for another couple of seasons, Trippier is playing at this current level at most one more season, probably not even that. Livramento is a close to ready made replacement to phase him out. 

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I might be crazy but I feel like he came into the squad with more anticipation than Tino, so I'd 1000 percent trigger it.

He didn't like.

Tino had a proper breakout season at Soton. Started pretty much every game before injury and was a standout player.

Lewis Hall had a few games in a substandard Chelsea team.

Not a knock on Lewis. But Tino was well on his way to becoming an established PL player, while Hall was just coming through. He's a couple of years younger and a couple of years behind in development.

As others have said. He's also primarily played at LCM. When you look at his YouTube compilations, most of them he's playing youth football in midfield. Bit of a shame for him that he couldn't get into the team in midfield with all the injuries and he's not really trusted to come off the bench when it matters. I had hoped he might come on in Paris for Isak but I wasn't confident he would track back diligently at LM like Gordon was doing.

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Eddie gave him his chance when he had those 2 starts and was hauled off quickly. He’s not in the trusted circle. Eddie’s not one to play someone just because he’s there and fit. If he’s not trusted he’s not trusted.  

Therefore have wasted a lot of money for a player who isn't trusted

He was playing games in the Prem last season for Chelsea. We need to be resting some of these players to have any chance in the next games. He can’t prove himself if players who offer nothing like Ritchie are coming on ahead of him. 

Agree it is a bit concerning he didn’t come on. Trippier needs a rest and the obvious option would be Tino right back and Hall left back but can’t see that happening if Ritchie is coming on over him. Burn and Targett aren’t back for a long time so