Lewis Hall

Paully

21 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

I just don’t think we would’ve in fairness. Got 9 minutes when was 8-0 up against Sheff Utd, didn’t come on against Palace even at 4-0 (had more options on bench), then it was 6 mins against 10 men Fulham at 3-0. 

Hard to impress in limited minutes like that when rest of the team is in energy saving mode and opposition are just sat off with a slow tempo.

296 mins in an injury ravaged season is mad. Been handled like a proper development player, but he’s a £30m development player :D 

The impressing is also done on tge training pitch.

No fucker can defend at the minute in the backline so I'd play him what's the worst that can happen? We get beat that's happening regularly now anyways, might aswell put the best attacking options on the pitch to create more chances for isak. Rather than go behind and chase the game with twenty minutes left. 

I get the impression that the plan was for him to train with the first team this season and slowly introduce him into the side. If Howe threw him into the team too early and he had a bad game or made a costly mistake the crowd would have crucified him. We've seen the abuse hurled at Burn, Longstaff ,Almiron and Dubs so perhaps Howe is just protecting him a bit. He's only young and I think he will be a very good acquisition in the longer term

4 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I get the impression that the plan was for him to train with the first team this season and slowly introduce him into the side. If Howe threw him into the team too early and he had a bad game or made a costly mistake the crowd would have crucified him. We've seen the abuse hurled at Burn, Longstaff ,Almiron and Dubs so perhaps Howe is just protecting him a bit. He's only young and I think he will be a very good acquisition in the longer term

Slight difference between those 4 and an 18 year old kid who's just moved the length of the country, which I reckon most of the crowd would be aware of before jumping in on him.

3 hours ago, jackyboy said:

Dont think that adds up. He started two games in a row against Dortmund and Bournemouth and got subbed off at half time in both games, after that Howe forgot about him(even though we were desperate for fresh legs). Hardly a soft and confidence building introduction.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, really odd that bringing Krafth on, who doesn't seem to have much future here, and moving Livramento out of position is deemed a better bet than bringing £30m Hall on in his natural position and keeping Livramento on in his natural position.

Very strange.

Starts every game he's fit for me. Even if he's not quit there, he will be with 10 starts under his belt and ready for next season. 

we have to try and give him some experience and get him ready for next season now surely

Looks like he's been in the gym a bit

Edited by Smal

Has looked very good in both of his recent appearances. There is no excuse from a footballing perspective not to give him a chance, he looks fast, his passing is sharp, he looks stronger than he did earlier in the season, his movement is good. 

Should have been on instead of Krafth today and it still felt like he was brought on because there was no other choice. 

Still might not get to see much of him this season but deary me, we have not missed with this transfer, he looks a player.

Edited by Thumbheed