Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United (19/08/23)

Yorkie

Joelinton seemed like he got told to mark Foden quite early on which meant we lost everything he brings to the game. He couldn’t press high and he couldn’t make those deep runs beyond Isak that we absolutely needed.

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

Joelinton seemed like he got told to mark Foden quite early on which meant we lost everything he brings to the game. He couldn’t press high and he couldn’t make those deep runs beyond Isak that we absolutely needed.

Didn't do a very good job of tracking Foden either. It was a very lacklustre showing from him but City popped it around him so well and he was just chasing shadows.

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Didn't do a very good job of tracking Foden either. It was a very lacklustre showing from him but City popped it around him so well and he was just chasing shadows.

It’s not really his game, is it. Easy to forget he was a forward for most of his career.

I think normally in that scenario we’d have Botman following Foden into midfield like we have done previously with our CBs (and did against Villa), but we’d clearly put Botman on a man marking job for Haaland, which he did a phenomenal job of tbf.

When Burn marked Foden it meant Walker was free as I don’t think Gordo was doing a particularly great job of tracking him. They just have too many dangerous players to deal with tbh :lol:

Edited by Smal

I thought it before Saturday's game, but isn't Alvarez a step up on Gabriel Jesus? Jesus doesn't score from there. Arsenal have better wide forwards than Man City, but there is no contest down the middle. Liverpool's classic front three was goals out wide and a linking false nine in the middle, but I'm not sure that wins you the league any more.

Just now, Stottie said:

I thought it before Saturday's game, but isn't Alvarez a step up on Gabriel Jesus? Jesus doesn't score from there. Arsenal have better wide forwards than Man City, but there is no contest down the middle. Liverpool's classic front three was goals out wide and a linking false nine in the middle, but I'm not sure that wins you the league any more.

Well, guess it will if you do it well enough. 

2 hours ago, Maineblue said:

So defensive, all because I have the gall to say there is pressure on Howe in his next game.

We have discussed City to death on here, we just have to wait until the outcome now.

Pressure [emoji38] What do you suggest should be the narrative if we lose to Liverpool?

That Howe's job is in danger? That it proves he isn't good enough? Don't be vague.

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

As if a child actually being molested has ever been 'trivialised' man [emoji38]

I think that suggesting that someone is a paedophile for no good reason does trivialise the issue. We're talking about cruelty to children.

I know that you weren't being serious, and as with any internet chat-site, insults can start flying around. I've been the target myself at times. I've chosen to shrug it off.

I just thought you crossed the line with that guy, that's all. Gut feeling. 

15 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think that suggesting that someone is a paedophile for no good reason does trivialise the issue. We're talking about cruelty to children.

I know that you weren't being serious, and as with any internet chat-site, insults can start flying around. I've been the target myself at times. I've chosen to shrug it off.

I just thought you crossed the line with that guy, that's all. Gut feeling. 

The point was get a WUM to react to blatant shite, but incendiary craic, removing his grip on the conversation and tip the scales back to the people. It's hard to troll when everyone is laughing at you for being a nonce. It's exactly the same theory to what Professor Lupin used to defeat the Boggart in Harry Potter.

This is foruming 101, now we can go all Maude Flanders, or we can grab a torch and call @Maineblue a sex offender.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The point was get a WUM to react to blatant shite, but incendiary craic, removing his grip on the conversation and tip the scales back to the people. It's hard to troll when everyone is laughing at you for being a nonce. It's exactly the same theory to what Professor Lupin used to defeat the Boggart in Harry Potter.

This is foruming 101, now we can go all Maude Flanders, or we can grab a torch and call @Maineblue a sex offender.

"I'm what you might call a freedom fighter, a revolutionary"

"You helped overthrow a tyrannical government?"

"No, but I did call someone a nonce on a football forum"

There’s this weird narrative around PIF and Howe. That they are impatient and idiotic… they think of them how Boehly actually is. So they always say put pressure on Howe to suggest if things don’t go perfectly he will be sacked. 

Whole time Klopp underperformed last season. But there’s little talk of pressure on him if he doesn’t deliver top 4. Likewise Poch has a billion dollar team but they’re not talking about pressure for him. 

5 hours ago, Maineblue said:

Not trolling mate, just saying the pressure is on Howe to get something from this fixture and everyone on here has either called me a troll, fuck off, let’s talk about how corrupt City is etc

Where's the pressure on Howe coming from? Even if we got hammered Howe's position wouldn't be questioned. It not as if Liverpool are shit is it?

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Fuck me. It’s like lessons from the Art of War in here! 

Just think when we play the big teams away from home our weak links standout massively. And we will slowly upgrade these weaker areas hopefully by next summer. 

Burn miggy Longstaff are just not elite players for pushing on. 

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:lol: I have so much time for this reference like. Class.

7 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

What you reckon @RUHRLYASLEEVESUP. Think Hanz could have Cronky 1v1?