Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think there might be a mental step we need to take at some point to really believe that we can put the ‘big teams’ away. We’ll get there, hopefully Howe can identify some things to help our mentality (and maybe his as well). 

Few more players with that winning mentality within the squad will probably help the self belief of the group you'd think?

Be nice if Howe and the team could elevate the players we have to that level, they've done wonders with a few already.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

We saw against Man U and Spurs that we're incredibly effective once we go for it at home though. City to a degree too. Arsenal was tricky but that's fine margins.

I don't see why we wouldn't have that mentality today. Maybe Liverpool did a mental number on us last season so we became self protective.

Yeah fair point, maybe Liverpool and Man City are another step up. Who knows. 

19 minutes ago, Decky said:

Fuck me if you’ve the stomach to watch it here’s a Newcastle fan ringing in to Alan fucking Pardew to complain about the game today. 

:kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:

:lol:

I'd rather watch someone firebomb my house.

20 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

You somehow missed when a group not dissimilar to this one were calling for Rafa's head back in the winter of 2017. I don't know how you always miss it.

I wasn’t on the forum then. That’s how I missed it, but I’d say calling for Rafa’s head back then constituted something more ridiculous. Rafa saved the club.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I wasn’t on the forum then. That’s how I missed it, but I’d say calling for Rafa’s head back then constituted something more ridiculous. Rafa saved the club.

A few people on here today were part of a toxic group of supporters who spat a lot of vitriol toward Eddie Howe back in November of 21. I am pretty sure you were on here then.  Many had the character to put their hands up when things started going well. The few who haven't still spout this horse shit every time there is a setback, just waiting for the "I told you so" moment when he gets canned so they can be proven right. It is way different than just rightly criticizing Howe today.

Just now, Cornah said:

A classic case of not having a fuckin clue of how to finish a game..Big fan of Edward but the early gem and fortunate dismissal should have saw us through most comfortably..

"Not having a clue"" seems pretty far out there when the man pulled the team from the pit of relegation to the CL. I'd say, wtf have you been watching?

Yea, I thought we should have seen this out.

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Last season? More of a robbery than a bottle.

We were cheated there.. I could say more but I’ll look like a flat earther. But I honestly can’t believe Isaks second onside goal doesn’t get media support 

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think there might be a mental step we need to take at some point to really believe that we can put the ‘big teams’ away. We’ll get there, hopefully Howe can identify some things to help our mentality (and maybe his as well). 

this is it for me. We’ve done it at home 4 times > Chelsea. Man United. Tottenham and Brighton. We lacked that fight and spirit today. Was fear I saw. This is where I feel we need another Trippier head in midfield, even late on in games.