Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Woke up still livid at the players and Howe for that. Ah well, it's only the footy innit. At least one day we'll definitely all die. Lovely, lovely, warm, sweet death.

Feels like we'll all die without seeing us beat Liverpool or certainly win at anfield or win any silverware and definitely never score at Wembley. But suppose Ashley could still be here and we wouldn't even be competing with the likes of the Scouse cunts 

19 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Yep we were ten minutes from a forum full of positives and the team being praised for a professional performance.

However much like the Brighton.vWest Ham game... Goals win games no matter how many passes or chances you create.

And to give him his praise... I don't think any other striker on the pitch would have scored those goals.

Sometimes football just punishes you

I didn't see it quite like that, we kept missing chances to put the game to bed, especially in the second half. By that time we could have been up 4-0, but by the time it got to the last 20 mins I felt the writing was on the wall. It was clear they were coming back into the game despite playing most of the game with 10 men. I just felt we never really controlled the game the longer it went on, and with each costly miss.

Still bruised today, I've banned football talk at work and deleted twitter :lol:

All I've got to say to the Liverpool supporters is "Who do you think you'll draw in the Champions League on Thursday.....ohhhh, awkward". Ultimately, we just need to bounce back from this, go on a run of results and finish above them again, they beat us twice last year and still weren't good enough to finish above us so screw them.

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

I would take seeing the scousers coming here fishing as a compliment. Under Ashley - they would never have bothered, because that version of Newcastle wasn't a threat. This one very much is and will be in the years to come. They are worried - make no mistake. :thup:

We might have lot a battle yesterday, but we are very much going to be in the war.

Yep

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Woke up still livid at the players and Howe for that. Ah well, it's only the footy innit. At least one day we'll definitely all die. Lovely, lovely, warm, sweet death.

:lol:

Just now, STM said:

It's genuinely the most gutted I've been, when that second went in. Wish we were playing tommorow. [emoji38]

I was actually more gutted when the first one went in. After that I was sort of expecting them to get another somehow.

I haven't watched yesterday's MOTD, neither did I want to read any match reports today. I don't even want to think about Liverpool after the year we've had against them.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

It's genuinely the most gutted I've been, when that second went in. Wish we were playing tommorow. [emoji38]

wish our next game was some fucking tragically shite club at home. 

Decided to torture myself and watch some of the second half back. Initially, I thought we hadn't done enough to stretch them to create better chances - I still think this was true going forward but I also think we temporarily used a tactic that we should've carried on.

For about 10 minutes, we went to a back 3 and Trippier started playing as a DM sort of alongside Bruno. It really helped us keep possession for a while as an extra option but also because they'd sacrificed width to get numbers in the middle - it gave us some extra protection for turnovers. I reckon if we'd have swapped Murphy for Miggy at that moment then it'd have worked a treat as Miggy was the one keeping width on the right but obvs kept looking to cut in. We could've even tried a 3-2-3-2 and put Isak and Wilson on together to disrupt their defensive shape.

If we'd kept on doing this, I don't think the second goal happens due to the coverage. Maybe Klopp would've cottoned on and readjusted. Bruno attempted a stupid pass but he was encouraged into that situation because they'd got an advantage of numbers on us in that moment. It's bizarre that they had 4 around our 2 mids despite being a man down.

Just popped round to see my dad, he's 87 now which means he's pretty much got a saying for all eventualities. First thing he says - "ah wey, you can't put the shit back in the cow. It's done now". Kinda summed it up really. It's done and over with, yes it stung like fuck and still does but we all need to move on and focus on Brighton. It was 1 game and 3 points, not underestimating how bitter it was but looking back an moping is pointless.

Howe and the players need to think of it as a lesson learned rather than a painful loss. Next time we find ourselves in that type of position we need to learn from our mistakes yesterday see it through, I'm confident that none of us on here will feel as bad as the players and Howe do right now but there's 35 games to go, 2 domestic cups and the Champions League to look forward to. Shrug it off, learn from it and look forward to the rest of the season. Chin up gentlemen :)

1 minute ago, midds said:

Just popped round to see my dad, he's 87 now which means he's pretty much got a saying for all eventualities. First thing he says - "ah wey, you can't put the shit back in the cow. It's done now". Kinda summed it up really. It's done and over with, yes it stung like fuck and still does but we all need to move on and focus on Brighton. It was 1 game and 3 points, not underestimating how bitter it was but looking back an moping is pointless.

Howe and the players need to think of it as a lesson learned rather than a painful loss. Next time we find ourselves in that type of position we need to learn from our mistakes yesterday see it through, I'm confident that none of us on here will feel as bad as the players and Howe do right now but there's 35 games to go, 2 domestic cups and the Champions League to look forward to. Shrug it off, learn from it and look forward to the rest of the season. Chin up gentlemen :)

IMG_0143.gif.c8e7caa1a5173de80f915ddd32bdcc33.gif

I think it’s criminal to be 1-0 up at home to 10 men and not win, should basically be impossible to lose . Never at any point felt comfortable that’s the issue . We had a few chances but you could tell a mile off what was going to happen . Was gutted when they equalised but when they got the winner it didn’t even matter really as the equaliser was far harder to take than the winner . Don’t even blame Eddie either just don’t think the players on the pitch did anywhere near enough at home to 10 men , Gordon and Tonali aside .

I feel like beating Liverpool is almost like the hoodoo that Man City had towards winning the champions league. 

But just like they won it last season, our time WILL come. And it will be sweet! 

Side note: obvs if we win the CL, well I couldn't give a fuck about beating Liverpool lols

1 minute ago, Lish007 said:

I feel like beating Liverpool is almost like the hoodoo that Man City had towards winning the champions league. 

But just like they won it last season, our time WILL come. And it will be sweet! 

Side note: obvs if we win the CL, well I couldn't give a fuck about beating Liverpool lols

Beating Liverpool means more to me! [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

I've not consumed any football news/media other than this forum. Usually after a game I will watch anything and everything related to the match. Like fuck. I am hunkering down until the brighton game is done. 

Me too..I can't even bear the highlights. I had a dodgy stream and actually missed all 3 goals apart from the in match highlights but to fuck I'm gonna rewatch it at the moment. I'll save it after a sweet win. 

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Saw this and found it interesting, do think that switching our wingers to be non inverted might’ve helped yesterday.

I don't think it's as genius as was made out as this was basically our plan against Liverpool when Pope was sent off, iirc, but it's just spot on generally.

Didn't stretch them out of their shape enough, didn't get Isak involved enough, didn't have enough quality in key moments.