Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

Echo everyone's thoughts about still feeling incredibly sick about what happened yesterday. The events of the last ten is absolute nightmare fuel but it was the grim inevitability of it which adds to the frustration. I never felt confident at any point and as soon as Allison pulled off that worldie I had a sinking feeling. The second half in-particular just felt like waiting for them to steal a moment and capitalise.

On the one hand I feel a bit dramatic and have a sickly sense of this being a potentially pivotal moment in the Howe era. He and we really demonstrated our fallibility there.

On the other hand I think, Champions League draw on Thursday and a winnable game at the weekend, at a ground where we've stolen plenty of points in the past. It's crucial but we can get a result and but yesterday behind us. 

Next time the opposition goes down a man we may as well go into a low block. We look so confused playing against 10 men. That game is going to haunt us for a very long time, you can see all the pundits bringing it up on a regular basis, it's like the new 4:3.

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

Next time the opposition goes down a man we may as well go into a low block. We look so confused playing against 10 men. That game is going to haunt us for a very long time, you can see all the pundits bringing it up on a regular basis, it's like the new 4:3.

People reacted the same way when we went down 3-0 at Villa.

I’ll happily put a bet on us recovering very quickly and getting a result at the weekend. 

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Echo everyone's thoughts about still feeling incredibly sick about what happened yesterday. The events of the last ten is absolute nightmare fuel but it was the grim inevitability of it which adds to the frustration. I never felt confident at any point and as soon as Allison pulled off that worldie I had a sinking feeling. The second half in-particular just felt like waiting for them to steal a moment and capitalise.

On the one hand I feel a bit dramatic and have a sickly sense of this being a potentially pivotal moment in the Howe era. He and we really demonstrated our fallibility there.

On the other hand I think, Champions League draw on Thursday and a winnable game at the weekend, at a ground where we've stolen plenty of points in the past. It's crucial but we can get a result and but yesterday behind us. 

I have the same feeling here as well.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I have the same feeling here as well.

Incredibly over dramatic though, isn’t it?

He made a significant mistake yesterday. But we’re incredibly fortunate to have a manager that has only shown 3 or 4 moments like that in his time here.

A good result at Brighton will go a long way in healing this gaping wound. 

But even if we got a draw, I'm not gonna panic. We have by far the toughest start and I'm sure it was put there to derail us by any means. 

Rise above! 

Just now, Paully said:

Still can’t believe we lost that FFS

I dread to imagine what RAWK is like

"The reds fought back to overcome the PL/FA/UEFA conspiracy that works against them in every possible way."

Or something like that. 

Some outrageous bed wetting on here today. Gutted by the result, absolutely despise Liverpool, their plastic fans and the entitlement of the club and felt it was a massive chance to nail a Sinister 6 club and put a marker down.

However… they did to us what we did to Brentford last season, get played off the park for long periods but sneak the result. We’ll get days like this on the journey but the loss of heads is embarrassing.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Incredibly over dramatic though, isn’t it?

He made a significant mistake yesterday. But we’re incredibly fortunate to have a manager that has only shown 3 or 4 moments like that in his time here.

Yeah of course it is, it says in the bit I’ve highlighted it’s dramatic no denying it. Probably just because it’s still fresh in the mind. Very difficult game to try bounce back Saturday as well. 

On reflection this morning and trying to be positive. The 30 or so minutes leading up to the red card we were massively on top and controlling the midfield. 

No idea why hat stopped, it was abit like the villa game in the sense that we dropped off after the Mings injury. 

Perhaps we don't have the energy levels to maintain that high intensity and it's why few teams do it and we just burn ourselves out? Or we just need to get better at the psychological side and not let things like the red card change our approach. 

On another day as others say, maybe one of Miggy's shots doesn't hit the post or Barnes squares it perfectly to Wilson. 

But it never felt like we were doing enough to put the game away, even our goal was a gift by them. 

Just never felt comfortable and the subs even at the time I felt this is a mistake. Tonali is a calming influence and Gordon had been a constant threat. Players can get 2nd winds. I felt like the change needed to be Burn for Targett sooner in the 2nd half so we could have got the ball into Gordon alot quicker and more often. 

Once Nunez came on and they got to the last ten mins I think everyone just had that knot in their stomach. Botman was unlucky but Bruno was idiotic for the 2nd. 

I think Bruno hasn't got going this season and that's been all the harder to accept with Maddison repeatedly scoring for Spurs - he would have been the Willock upgrade we needed. To be honest, it's not as if it's been an 'after the lord mayor's show' type of situation, because we've not played terribly in the last two games, but the results have hurt after our opening day win.

... of course, I'm still fucked off with yesterday's result against a team, coach and fans I absolutely despise. We need to stop showing them any respect, especially with Klopp's attitude, we should have beaten them soundly yesterday but too much second guessing and not enough aggression towards them put paid to that. They're our bogey team and I hate them.

I was reading the BBC website comments on the game last night.. seems everyone in the country hates us, mostly because of the Saudi owners. 

What do they expect after years of Ashley, we got our club back ffs. 

Football is so fickle 

1 minute ago, Beardsleyp said:

I used to like Newcastle. Blood money has changed the club to another Chelsea. Yesterday was one of the most enjoyable wins for a long long time. Newcastle’s best team for half a century, we are about 4 players short of a good squad and we go to your fake plastic ground and beat you with ten men hahahaha. Tindall is the biggest pr1ck in football, seeing him trying to shush klopp and then klopp buzzing off him when we went 2-1 up was a truly brilliant brilliant moment. Absolute no-mark he is. Fact is, no matter how much Saudi blood money you spend, you will never ever be a club if the stature of liverpool despite how much you all want it.

Love you all. 

:lol:

Eddie has millions of credit in the bank but we should be able to call out mistakes when they are as glaringly obvious as yesterday. 

The subs speak for themselves, absolutely baffling, but for me the general tactics of the day are what has really annoyed me. 

First half we really weren’t as good as people (including Eddie) are making out. We were slow from the outset and only really Gordon instilled some pace and tempo. 

then after Trent should’ve walked, the obvious tactic should’ve been to get ball to Gordon every time to expose Trent either non tackling or fouling and walking but again, we really didn’t do that with any urgency at all. 

second half right from ko it was clear the tactics were to play slow passes across our back line, why? 

Yes, few chances that could’ve made it 2 and game over but we really never felt like we were “on it” and for me, that’s 2 insipid games playing with a level of fear against top sides. 

surely by now we are in a place to have a go, especially at home! 

1 minute ago, Beardsleyp said:

Fact is, no matter how much Saudi blood money you spend, you will never ever be a club if the stature of liverpool despite how much you all want it. 

But you went to the effort of signing up to a NUFC message board? If “universally hated by everyone bar your own fans” is the Liverpool benchmark, we’re well on the way to achieving it.

1 minute ago, wrightstuff83 said:

Eddie has millions of credit in the bank but we should be able to call out mistakes when they are as glaringly obvious as yesterday. 

The subs speak for themselves, absolutely baffling, but for me the general tactics of the day are what has really annoyed me. 

First half we really weren’t as good as people (including Eddie) are making out. We were slow from the outset and only really Gordon instilled some pace and tempo. 

then after Trent should’ve walked, the obvious tactic should’ve been to get ball to Gordon every time to expose Trent either non tackling or fouling and walking but again, we really didn’t do that with any urgency at all. 

second half right from ko it was clear the tactics were to play slow passes across our back line, why? 

Yes, few chances that could’ve made it 2 and game over but we really never felt like we were “on it” and for me, that’s 2 insipid games playing with a level of fear against top sides. 

surely by now we are in a place to have a go, especially at home! 

If you think we didn't have a go yesterday I think you've watched the wrong match, did you mistakenly put the 0 - 6 on from 2013 ? 

4 minutes ago, Beardsleyp said:

I used to like Newcastle. Blood money has changed the club to another Chelsea. Yesterday was one of the most enjoyable wins for a long long time. Newcastle’s best team for half a century, we are about 4 players short of a good squad and we go to your fake plastic ground and beat you with ten men hahahaha. Tindall is the biggest pr1ck in football, seeing him trying to shush klopp and then klopp buzzing off him when we went 2-1 up was a truly brilliant brilliant moment. Absolute no-mark he is. Fact is, no matter how much Saudi blood money you spend, you will never ever be a club if the stature of liverpool despite how much you all want it.

Love you all. 

Gan mek is a couple of boilers, and they better be FUCKING RUNNY!

6 minutes ago, Beardsleyp said:

Love you all. 

Love you too, ya scruffy bin dipping tossa!

:indi: