Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 02/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Bondedcrown said:

Stop putting centre halfs in midfield ffs You obviously haven't played football!

Nowt wrong with it depending on the player. fwiw I don't think either of our CHs are capable of playing in midfield.

I did query Schars ability to be effective in a 4 mind you.

Burn and Schar central. Trips in either left or right. Hall left if Trips is right. If Trips is left then Livramento right. 

Anderson for Joelinton. Wilson for Miggy and play Gordon there. Isak and Wilson left and central. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Howe won’t want to much disruption to the back 4, think it will be Lascelles in for Botman. 

I'd be incredibly surprised if he does that because it will mean putting either Schar or Lascelles on the wrong side. Much more natural to just bring Burn in as a natural LCB and pick between Targett and Hall (probably the former) as the LB, especially given those three played together for about five months straight in 2022.

I think Botman will play.

Howe said Botman is doubtful, which is the biggest indicator that he's absolutely fine.[emoji38]

If Joelinton and Botman are missing, it must be Anderson and Targett. Lascelles can't play LCB, nor can Schar and as far as I can remember Howe has never done that.

... and on Anderson, if you are picking Longstaff LCM over him (or shifting Tonali to accommodate Longstaff) what's the point in Anderson not going out on loan? He had a class pre season... play him. When Willock gets back, it's not going to get any easier.

I’d be playing Anderson over Longstaff all day long at the moment. Personally think Anderson deserves a lot more minutes than he’s had but I wouldn’t drop Bruno, Joelinton or Tonali so it’s just a shit situation for his development here 

Just now, gbandit said:

I’d be playing Anderson over Longstaff all day long at the moment. Personally think Anderson deserves a lot more minutes than he’s had but I wouldn’t drop Bruno, Joelinton or Tonali so it’s just a shit situation for his development here 

Yeah, I think Anderson is waiting for that key injury.