Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United: 02/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I think he might put Trippier to left back and Liveramento right back 

I really can’t see Trippier ever being shifted to the left unless it’s absolutely the last resort 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

It’ll be Lascelles for Botman and that’s it. If you move Burn inside and put a new LB in that’s another change to the back for. 

Lascelles for Botman would be minimum disruption. 

I will be surprised if Howe does something that he's never done before like.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

When did RCB and LCB become a thing, out of interest? Feel like Schär would be absolutely fine at LCB if Botman is out and Howe wants to keep Burn at LB.

Started in the 1950's I think.  Not all teams have cared about It though, some do and some don't

Usually the teams that do care about it are more successful.

Edited by relámpago blanco

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Started in the 1950's I think.  Not all teams have cared about It though, some do and some don't

Usually the teams that do care about it are more successful.

I think more over, its more the idea that Howe will "dabble" with something he has never done or at least not done in the best part of 18 months.

It's Lascelles/Schar for RCB slot and Botman/Burn for LCB. Both young Murphy and Dummett will be seen as last resorts.

Just now, STM said:

I think more over, its more the idea that Howe will "dabble" with something he has never done or at least not done in the best part of 18 months.

It's Lascelles/Schar for RCB slot and Botman/Burn for LCB. Both young Murphy and Dummett will be seen as last resorts.

Yep, Exactly.  He would only start like that if he only had Schar and Lascelles available.  He's quite happy to be fluid with certain players like WIllock and Joelinton in other areas but he will not fuck around with the defence.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

It's also exactly how the squad was depicted on the transfer targets slide in the documentary. 

Burn gets moved over, Targett comes in. As I said on the previous page, it's the same trio that played together every week during the second half of 2022. It's much less disruptive and much more intuitive than bringing in Lascelles and forcing either him or Schar onto their wrong side.

On 31/08/2023 at 10:56, GWN said:

No idea what to expect in this one . We are looking at a very ordinary league placing if we lose this mind even this early 

We’re not like. Three points from four games doesn’t fill anyone with confidence, but in terms of game difficulty those two away and two home games are some of the toughest of the season. 

14 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

If Joelinton is out I hope we push Bruno further forward.

I'd like to see Tonali play the deeper role and see how the dynamic is.

I really miss Bruno going forward more. He was incredible in the first 3 months of starting for us, scoring 5 goals.

Edited by Erikse