AC Milan vs Newcastle United 19/09/23 @ 17:45 (TNT Sports)

Paully

1 minute ago, BonesJones said:

Quick browse of a Milan forum and it seems they're worried about the midfield that is expected to start, and that they think Pioli could be sacked if they lose.

Just watched some of the Toon Review youtube channel where even the normally quite level headed Alex has been talking about how bad they were in the Milan derby, and I think we just need to keep our feet on the ground. They are still a CL side with a pedigree playing at home, and they'll have a bunch of superstars representing.

Yes we can get a result, but we might just as easily find ourselves chasing shadows for much of the game. They aren't going to just give the ball to us because we run around a lot. We will have to bring our game to them and show some confidence on the ball.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Just watched some of the Toon Review youtube channel where even the normally quite level headed Alex has been talking about how bad they were in the Milan derby, and I think we just need to keep our feet on the ground. They are still a CL side with a pedigree playing at home, and they'll have a bunch of superstars representing.

Yes we can get a result, but we might just as easily find ourselves chasing shadows for much of the game. They aren't going to just give the ball to us because we run around a lot. We will have to bring our game to them and show some confidence on the ball.

yeah, they got to the Semi-Final last year ... be very happy with a draw

Can't believe simply going to watch a match can be so toxic. People have got slashed up already?

Is this just standard fare over there or is this because they are expecting the worst from English fans and so are being more aggressive?

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

That was just me relaying what some Milan fans were feeling.

Just now, BonesJones said:

That was just me relaying what some Milan fans were feeling.

Yeah I get that, and it's reassuring, but they should still be treated as the favourites here, regardless of their fans being a bit nervous.

3 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Reddit r/soccer implying anyone who wears a team shirt at an away match basically has a death wish, not sure any of them have actually been to a game. I'll be packing toon tops for Dortmund. 

TBF they might have been old schoolers - in the 80s, I never used to wear colours at away matches. Totally not like now where you see away fans wandering around in team shirts, not a care in the world.

Obviously, it is much better like that, but even now I still find it hard to get used to, given how things used to be. 

6 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Reddit r/soccer implying anyone who wears a team shirt at an away match basically has a death wish, not sure any of them have actually been to a game. I'll be packing toon tops for Dortmund. 

This the football version of “she’s asking to get raped because she’s attractive”? 

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't believe simply going to watch a match can be so toxic. People have got slashed up already?

Is this just standard fare over there or is this because they are expecting the worst from English fans and so are being more aggressive?

Standard fayre. One of my mates got hospitalised there last time around. A completely normal middle aged bloke. They are cunts. 

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Probably a bit of both. I've seen footage of our fans taking over Milan, I'm guessing they probably aren't used to seeing huge crowds of chanting English fans getting pissed and sliding belly first on the streets in just a pair of shorts. For toon fans it's just a jape, but maybe it's been interpreted as aggressive over there.

10 minutes ago, RS said:

Standard fayre. One of my mates got hospitalised there last time around. A completely normal middle aged bloke. They are cunts. 

Man, I find the whole thing incredibly sad.

Should be an opportunity to go abroad and have a good time watching the match and enjoy some light hearted banter with the locals if anything.

Instead people are getting knifed over football. My God.

30 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Personally I wouldn’t go to Italy for a game, their reputation is awful.

I wouldnt have the same concerns going to Paris or dortmund, but I’d still have my wits about me and would probably avoid wearing a toon top.

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Probably a bit of both. I've seen footage of our fans taking over Milan, I'm guessing they probably aren't used to seeing huge crowds of chanting English fans getting pissed and sliding belly first on the streets in just a pair of shorts. For toon fans it's just a jape, but maybe it's been interpreted as aggressive over there.

In the animal kingdom, taking your toon shirt off and sliding on your belly is a signal that you're going to drink a lot of beer and make love to their women.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

What a shit kick off time this is, will miss the whole game so will just be getting updates on here.

Not great for everyone like... but i fuckin love it :lol: clocking out from the dining room at 4 and straight out with the bairn.