AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

Fucking love that point. It wasn't a vintage performance, but it was always going to be a bit like that in our first game back, especially when you're going away to the San Siro and it was a lot of these guys first taste of Champions League football, and we were resolute, strong and preformed well off the ball, left absolutely everything on the pitch and that all you can ask for.

Getting a point away from home it's great, and hopefully the players now feel settled at this level.

Up the fucking lads.

I'm gonna be honest I'm worried we look shit like. No ball retention no press, bog standard players getting games because they're good lads. Not giving the young uns game time despite  our team struggling. Match fitness will be lacking. Well done tonight lads. 

Bit of a classic away performance really, especially in Europe. People forget in hindsight that the home team in those games has chances and often good one.

Got to expect something like that many chances at worse teams than Milan. Kyiv ran rings around us under Sir Bobby for example.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Would like to hear everyone’s thoughts on Isak moving out wide, not sure I’m a fan and it left us open down the left at times

If he had stamina by that point it might not have been too bad defensively.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

1 minute ago, mush said:

Thought Tomori did very well against him more than Isak having a poor game.

You know, the same Tomori who can't get a sniff for England ahead of Maguire [emoji38]

Crazy isn't it, hes excellent

Just now, mush said:

Thought Tomori did very well against him more than Isak having a poor game.

You know, the same Tomori who can't get a sniff for England ahead of Maguire [emoji38]

Yeah Tomori was class. Had our whole attack in his pocket, but Isak was terrible when he moved to the left also so not only Tomori.

Just now, black_n_white said:

Would like to hear everyone’s thoughts on Isak moving out wide, not sure I’m a fan and it left us open down the left at times

It works when we press because he's rapid, but it's been horrid so far this year with the weird laid off way we defend atm.