Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 27/09/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup 3rd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

24 minutes ago, Big River said:

there's next to no chance Eddie is radge enough to go full strength for this, is there?

hopefully not too many changes, we want a win to keep the momentum going.

I'd say we should go full strength for this.

If we can get past Man City it's a bigger chance to win this cup than the Champions League.

4 hours ago, Maineblue said:

No honestly, Pep is looking ahead because we have that Club World Championship in Brazil or somewhere in South America in Dec and he’s already said he doesn’t want anymore injuries, plus you guys are in sparkling form, goals all over your team, brilliant 👏👏

Generous of you but even though I predict (well, am wishing for really…) a 2-1 to us, not many if any here will expect to beat you. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Big River said:

there's next to no chance Eddie is radge enough to go full strength for this, is there?

hopefully not too many changes, we want a win to keep the momentum going.

I think he’ll start with the team that finished off SU. That is minus some of the late changes (namely Hall and Livramento).
That said, might have been trialling a formation change, given how much space Foden found between our midfield and defence. 

I'm surprisingly not too fussed about this match. With Tottenham out, one of Chelsea (I know) or Brighton going the same way, and a few other all PL matches, there could be a bit of an opportunity should we win, and it's perhaps not quite as daunting as when the teams first came out of the hat and possibly the best chance to play Man City, early on, at home, and they have a few players out, but it's obviously still a really, really tough match, and if we do get through then it's still just the last 16 and a long way to go. We'll be in the League Cup next season, and the season after that (but not guaranteed to be in Europe), and I'd personally rather prioritise the league, and particularly the CL, so I'd far rather big changes happened here than against Burnley on Saturday, which IMO is the bigger match at this stage.

I'd try and play a completely fresh 11, don't think Howe will given the opposition, but something like this wouldn't be horrendous.

Dubravka

Livramento Murphy Lascelles Targett

Tonali    Miley    Hall

Miggy                                  Murphy

Isak

Stick Ritchie, Karius and Dummett et all on the bench for the subs, and give the likes of Longstaff, Bruno and Trippier a whole week between games.

I know that that's not the strongest of teams, but it still amazes me the level of depth we have compared to previous seasons :lol: