Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 27/09/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup 3rd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Dubravka

Tino    Lascelles        Burn      Hall

Tonali

Ritchie        Anderson

Almiron                              Murphy

Isak

Not kidding re Ritchie. We can't play Longstaff in this; he's far too important and we'll need him in for Burnley. Chuck Hall in instead if necessary. 

Burn needs minutes at CB if he's Botman's deputy. Was horrendous against Brighton so needs to get the feel of it again, after playing nothing but LB for 12 months. 

I think the front three more-or-less picks itself. 

I'm shocked that anyone thinks Hall will start ahead of Targett. Its entirely against Howes way of thinking IMO. Hall might play but not at left back.

Almost impossible to guess:

Dubravka 

Livra      Lascelles    Botman   Targett

Longstaff 

Tonali                  Hall

Murphy                                Anderson

Isak

Also, I think people keep shoehorning Hall into Livramento conversation.

IMO they are in different stages of development. Livramento has way more experience in the PL and is much less green. You tell just by looking which one is closer to first team football.

Both incredibly exciting but I'd expect Livramento to be involved more.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Also, more food for thought....

Bruno and Tripper were both brought off, was Howe saving their legs for this?

Personally thought more to give game time to those coming on as opposed to saving legs specifically.

34 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm shocked that anyone thinks Hall will start ahead of Targett. Its entirely against Howes way of thinking IMO. Hall might play but not at left back.

I agree on this point. Hall getting game time in  a different position suggests he might play in midfield 5 perhaps. Targett probably starts with Burn playing the full game Sunday.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m all for making changes, but playing Dummett against Man City is asking to be battered 

Dummett has been getting Howe's behind closed doors for two years now, he's ready to come back being the reincarnation of prime Sergio Ramos tomorrow.

I don’t think there’s going to be that much rotation, no way the likes of Ritchie and Dummett start IMO. 

It will be a mixture of players who haven’t played much yet with the freshest regulars.

Dubs

Livramento 

Lascelles

Botman

Targett

Tonali

Anderson

xxxxx 

Almiron 

Murphy

Isak

Something like that.

19 minutes ago, craigmadge said:

I have a ticket for tonight but full of Covid. Won the ticket through the ballot. 

Can I transfer it?

if so does anyone want it £20

leazes middle tier

I’m not sure you can transfer it, but if you can.. I’ll have it.