West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Shite again now lads, aye? :lol:

If your reaction to a decent draw is to immediately jump in here and start making sweeping criticisms of individuals, well, you're not for me.

Andersons shite. Tonalis shite. Pope's shite.

Just like Gordon? Just like Bruno a couple of weeks ago or Longstaff in the summer? 

It's reactionary nonsense.

Just now, Theregulars said:

After multiple poor performances. Anything of substance to contribute or no as usual?

Multiple poor performance? You don't actually watch us do you? As that is utter horse shit :lol: 

Just now, STM said:

If your reaction to a decent draw is to immediately jump in here and start making sweeping criticisms of individuals, well, you're not for me.

Just like Gordon? Just like Bruno a couple of weeks ago or Longstaff in the summer? 

:clap:

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

By that point he’d missed 2 presentable chances and been the main contributor to conceding a goal.

That doesn't really contradict what I said though. He was poor for most of the game, but we'd just got a grip, and he had got a foothold in the game and he was taken off.

1 minute ago, Infinitely Content said:

Dear me.

I think the onus is on you by way of making such a conclusive statement as this rather than on others to disprove you. Anderson didn't have a great game today, but has more than held his own in numerous games this season and Eddie Howe has been full of praise for him. He came on against PSG just a few days ago and caused them problems with his clearly excellent technical ability. To say he is comprehensively not good enough is madness.

It’s not though. We aim to be an elite football club - he’s not at that level and I don’t see very much to suggest he will get there.

I’ve given multiple examples from today’s match… 

Yes, he did well in that passage of play and it was a great save to deny him. 

I don’t think he was great in that match. 

Well I do lad. Showed a willingness to get into those areas from centre midfield. And was very much unlucky to lose his place for the psg game.

Fair result. Not the best performance, but understandable after a huge midweek effort.

Missed Gordon. Need a few more playmakers next year. Useful point overall, even though it never feels that way when you get a draw from having held a lead.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

How many 20 year olds coming through the acamdey in the PL play great?

Bellingham. Bellingham.  He's not as good as Bellingham, he's not good enough for us. [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, STM said:

It's getting as bad as social media.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Mad isn’t it?

We’ll be sound 

Just now, Heron said:

All good players. Everyone makes mistakes. Good result and a great run of results across the last 7 games. Rest and recuperate and back at full throttle for another big 7 or so games.

Would have snapped ya hands off for:

3 wins 1 draw in PL (the draw being away to a side who beat Brighton away, no less).

Knocking City out the cup.

Smashing PSG.

Drawing in Milan.

Top of our CL group.

Plenty of clean sheets.

All with 5 or so good players out. :lol:

But aye... Andersons shite is the vibe.

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

It’s not though. We aim to be an elite football club - he’s not at that level and I don’t see very much to suggest he will get there.

Should we sack off Pope, Burn, Murphy, Longstaff asap too like you suggested with Anderson? None of those are elite level and probably never will be. 

7 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

After multiple poor performances. Anything of substance to contribute or no as usual?

He hasn't had multiple poor performances. Outside of this one he's started 3 games this season and been good in all of them and made the most progressive passes in two of them. In his first season getting regular minutes in the PL. At 20.  

Edited by Smal

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Perfectly put. Don't forget Howe though, rumblings that he was gash after 3 straight defeats.

Offering multiple examples from one match does not justify saying a player is comprehensively not good enough when he's shown very promising qualities in many more matches over the last year or so. I'd certainly favour the larger sample size.

To say we aim to be an elite football club and then say he is not at that level is a ridiculous statement. Of course he's not elite, neither are many of our players, but that does not mean they're comprehensively not good enough.

Wasn’t the greatest game from both sides, probably one of the worst 2-2 draws I’ve seen. Anderson was nowhere near as bad as some made out. 

Was sat in the West Ham end.. 2 lads were saying Maxi was our best player and hoped he didn’t come off the bench😂😂😂

Edited by ryanegg