Newcastle United vs. Borussia Dortmund - 25/10/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Haven't seen anything of them this season but last season they were pretty vulnerable in transition. And that was with Bellingham.

From what I've read Haller is having an off year and Can is shaky. Tbf, Can is a talented player and a good athlete but he cannot concentrate for the full 90 mins. 

Guerreiro left which means they're probably not as soft on their left flank as before. He was a good footballer but rarely bothered his arse to defend. 

I think we'll beat them. Intensity will overwhelm them. They're kind of hardwired to try and play it about even when it's going wrong for them. 

I've read Reyna is back and playing well. He looked an excellent prospect before it started to unravel a bit. Lots of injuries and a bit of controversy with behaviour/attitude.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Signs up yesterday showing Blackett street down to Monument will be closed 1715 to 1815. Assuming the Dortmund fans will.be walked up or have some sort of parade like PSG.

Orchestrated bollocks 

Are they most people's preferred German team? Seem to have that vibe generally

Yellow was my closet favourite colour so they probably were mine. Got one of their florescent early 90s shirts from the Chapuisat/Polvsen era. There's their stadium one of the few which still maintains its character and support now which wasn't a thing back then.

Bayern were so bourgeois even when they only won everything half the time.

I'm confident but just be mindful of a PSV situation after beating Barcelona and drawing in Kyiv before facing them twice. Of course it'll help that we wont park the bus for the two games like Dogleash did then for absolutely no reason whatsoever. We were up against Gilles De Bilde ffs.

Edited by Jonas

14 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Are they most people's preferred German team? Seem to have that vibe generally

Yellow was my closet favourite colour so they probably were mine. Got one of their florescent early 90s shirts from the Chapuisat/Polvsen era. There's their stadium one of the few which still maintains its character and support now which wasn't a thing back then.

Bayern were so bourgeois even when they only won everything half the time.

I'm confident but just be mindful of a PSV situation after beating Barcelona and drawing in Kyiv before facing them twice. Of course it'll help that we wont park the bus for the two games like Dogleash did then for absolutely no reason whatsoever. We were up against Gilles De Bilde ffs.

Used to like Bayer Leverkusen for some reason as a young'un, probably a combo of the name and black and red stripes - I got a shirt at Penrith Market and was buzzing [emoji38], but the affirmation had gone by the time we played them in the CL, and yeah, probably respect Dortmund the most since then.

6 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Point 5. [emoji38]

The whole list almost seems tongue in cheek but that one more than the others. 

I guess then by their logic, Schar, Joelinton and Isak will all have some sort of secret information to let Howe know about playing against German teams.

I wonder if we get any Dortmund fans sign up before Wednesday?

Had a look on their forum earlier and thought there might have been more pre match discussion, especially with them playing on Friday. The forum is a bit of a mess though and all over the place so I've possibly missed it [emoji38]

Dortmund have loads of individual quality with the likes of Schlotterbeck, Hummels, Reus, Brandt and the big man Fullkrug, but I think it's a nice match up for us.

They tend to play quite high up the pitch and aren't blessed with speed, meaning they're vulnerable against pace in behind. 

Their centre backs are good footballers, but they are quite susceptible to the press. While they will of course be used to being pressured, our physicality is beyond anything in the Bundesliga at the moment.

If we let them have the ball, they have a few smart players who will hurt us. Reus is a lovely footballe and the big man up top is a bit of a throw back, but nothing the lads at the back won't have seen before.

If we're on form, you've got to fancy us here. Dortmund are a dangerous side in the final third, but they're also very vulnerable and at the back - 3-1