Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

Was beautiful watching that from start to finish. I was fearing the worst after seeing the line up and after Targett’s injury I started to groan.

But have to say that most of my pessimism comes from following this previously cursed club for over 3 decades, rather than any lack of faith in the lads of Howe.

Honestly don’t think you can underestimate the psychological boost that coming to Old Trafford and winning so easily (despite how bad they are atm) will give the whole club. They are really starting to believe how good they are. What’s hopefully exciting is that things appear set up for continued success rather than the foundations of sand the last few times we started to build momentum 

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop
Repetition

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuinely struggling to think who Man Utd would go for if they sack ten hag.

They need someone like Ange, someone who is able to transforms a toxic club from top to bottom into a top team.

Tbf their whole match thread is talking about they have no plans, they don't close down attackers, they always concede on transition and they don't understand how we can score the goals we do, they don't know how. 

They all want ETH out to a man, except one or two who basically want to sack the whole squad and start from scratch. 

My favourite quote was 'we've had more captains on the pitch than shots on target today'. 

Back to back victories against the Manchester teams for a lot of our squad players, that's going to do wonders for everyone. The confidence gained from those games will almost be like we've crossed a hurdle mentally, clearly we're more than just a solid starting XI.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Your back 4 was still way better than ours on paper. We started with Dummet-Krafth as our centre backs and Ritchie at the wing. We started 3 players who hasn't started in atleast 6 months. Your lineup looked stronger than ours across the board.

Wonder how the cost of the starting lineups compare? 

Watching the post-match and I feel like I'm having these existential crises on a near-daily basis. But for what feels like two entirely separate eras of Newcastle United, there's only two years between Cole's leaving and Shay's arrival. 

Just now, Erikse said:

Your back 4 was still way better than ours on paper. We started with Dummet-Krafth as our centre backs and Ritchie at the wing. We started 3 players who hasn't started in atleast 6 months. Your lineup looked stronger than ours across the board.

Our lineup looks better than most sides, but there's a lot more to football than that. It's just a toxic football club. 

The mood at Newcastle is on another level to our shit heap of a club. You would have destroyed our first team tonight. It doesn't matter what our 11 was. 

As usual, Americans are to blame.