Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I feel sad that I live in the era that these channels exist. Some of them obviously making good money from them too. Weird.

Aye, I don't get it either, tbf.

Watching someone else watching the match is strange, to say the least. Though Gogglebox is ok :lol:

These, highlights, are funny mind.

1 hour ago, OCK said:

image.thumb.png.8c9b32df100de297ff1db4d1554448ea.png

Calls an on-going investigation into abuse 'noise'. 

But God forbid you're shit in training or a meme of a CB in which case you are to be shunned. :lol:

Top man manager, is Erik. Don't understand why it's falling apart.

35 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Watching someone else watching the match is strange, to say the least. Though Gogglebox is ok :lol:

It's strange but tbh not a huge difference than us live commenting on the match on the board, just a communal thing for the people in comments

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

It's strange but tbh not a huge difference than us live commenting on the match on the board, just a communal thing for the people in comments

I'm nearly 60 and, more to the point, have snide. I don't follow match threads much either cos I can't keep and, more to the point, nor can my stream ;)

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah there's something clearly not right at the club, but Ten Hag is an absolute fraud regardless.

Don't think he's a fraud, just not right for them. Does no-one remember how gutted most of us were when he turned us down and we got EH instead?

He will work better at a club where he brings youth players through and doesn't have to worry about massive fees and egos 

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Don't think he's a fraud, just not right for them. Does no-one remember how gutted most of us were when he turned us down and we got EH instead?

He will work better at a club where he brings youth players through and doesn't have to worry about massive fees and egos 

Honestly I'd never heard of ETH before he took over, granted I don't pay attention to much European football. We certainly got the right man for our club though. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Honestly I'd never heard of ETH before he took over, granted I don't pay attention to much European football. We certainly got the right man for our club though. 

Certainly looking that way at present, but ten Hag was considered one of the most up and coming forward thinking managers in Europe. Wouldn't swap him for EH now, but at the time, liars aside most were disappointed that we didn't get a "big name/exotic" manager in.

56 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I watched it last night and it was funny like. I thought it was canny funny when that bloke going on like a toddler stood up briefly and you could see his hoodie with 'man' on it. :lol: Thought the comedy timing on that while he was going on like a child was perfect.

Not a man u fan in the slightest but if we had the season they had last year it would have been our best in more than half a century. 

The legacy of success is crippling the side they aren't what they once were and may never will be. Full generation of fans flocked to the club in the 90s and 00's but the tide has turned if success comes back its not because they turned the tide and got back on track it would now just be a new era. 

Happy to accelerate past them on our way to success but while the revenue stays so high they will never be that far away. 

Credit where its due we are just better than them right now but it isn't plucky little newcastle while we did have 8 changes the squad still had 4 x 30/40 players in the line up so while saying "we have arrived" might be a little dramatic its no longer a freak one off result for us in the grand scheme of things against upper half opposition. Long may it continue. 

Edited by nufcjmc

15 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Not a man u fan in the slightest but if we had the season they had last year it would have been our best in more than half a century. 

The legacy of success is crippling the side they aren't what they once were and may never will be. Full generation of fans flocked to the club in the 90s and 00's but the tide has turned if success comes back its not because they turned the tide and got back on track it would now just be a new era. 

Happy to accelerate past them on our way to success but while the revenue stays so high they will never be that far away. 

Credit where its due we are just better than them right now but it isn't plucky little newcastle while we did have 8 changes the squad still had 4 x 30/40 players in the line up so while saying "we have arrived" might be a little dramatic its no longer a freak one off result for us in the grand scheme of things against upper half opposition. Long may it continue. 

The revenue will start to drop the longer they're away from being the best...remember up to about 1997 we were so close to them in terms of everything financial. A few bad years coupled with massive increases in tv money put us decades behind in the space of a couple of years. It might take longer but reputation doesn't last forever...the longer they stay away from the top, their global influence will start to decrease and eventually the ability to bring in the most lucrative deals will start to fail.

It's starting already....I'd never seen a kid wearing a Man City shirt around here until the titles started rolling in, but now they're 10 a penny

Edited by gjohnson

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

just getting up!

what a night.

fuck the highways agency mind. blocking off the M62 and then the  M1/A1N. 

hours getting home.

We got to drive past t'Dave in Micklefield, at least. (If he's still there.)