Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

Given the clampdown on players showing dissent this year (which I agree with but it could still be handled better) they really need to apply the same attitude to managers and clubs. 

You should be able to express disagreements and grievances, but Arteta, Arsenal, and even Liverpool should be facing punishment. The statements from both clubs are worthy of sporting sanctions to me. 

We're trying to set a better example of players respecting referees etc but here's two examples of at the very top clubs not doing the same. 

Still can't believe the reaction from their fans.  Some tinfoil wanker on Twitter has listed out all of the decisions that 'show' there is a pattern and that they are getting unfair treatment.  We had some absolute shockers last season and I think two apologies?  Certainly for the Palace game.  I think it was widely accepted that the offside against Forest was total nonsense, too.  But not sure if it was ever officially acknowledged. I'm sure most clubs could compile a list of only the decisions that went against them and it would look bad in isolation.

Than again, I can believe it.  Because they are just mirroring the whiny cunt in the dugout.  Thinking it is totally acceptable to carry on like that.  I flicked through some of the comments on their conspiracy type tweets.  Not one Arsenal fan chiming in with common sense.  They're all doubling down saying it is the PGMOL and Premier League that are out to get them :lol: 

I don't remember West Ham fans or the media even mentioning the push by Isak on Aguerd for the second goal, I think it was.  Or much mention of our dubious as fuck penalty against Wolves.  As it seems like most people have accepted the 'clear and obvious' part by now.  But not poor old Arsenal.  It's everyone out to get them, of course.

Edited by Lush Vlad

Arteta's pre-Sevilla press conference on SSN - prattles on about how him and the club have a "duty" to point out their views on things or whatever. And that they wouldn't change anything, they'll do this "again and again". 

Reporter asks if he can now say specifically what he thought was wrong with the goal, he smirks and says "now we talk about this beautiful game with Sevilla..."

What an arrogant wanker. 

Edited by Interpolic

He's a prick but his biggest punishment is the fact he's rattled his own team and made his club out to be petty and ridiculous. 

I'm sure Arsenal aren't happy with having to back such a ridiculous statement but they would feel they had no choice. Won't have won him any brownie points at all. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Even before this it's an absolute joke how long he's gotten away with being a hysterical little dweeb outside of his technical area.

He was doing it on the weekend again as well. He started waving that play should continue when we dared to take time on a free kick after they'd spent time fannying about timewasting, I was sure I saw him gesturing for a card too.

43 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Arteta's pre-Sevilla press conference on SSN - prattles on about how him and the club have a "duty" to point out their views on things or whatever. And that they wouldn't change anything, they'll do this "again and again". 

Reporter asks if he can now say specifically what he thought was wrong with the goal, he smirks and says "now we talk about this beautiful game with Sevilla..."

What an arrogant wanker. 

So he is basically admitting that this is purely to dig at the PGMOL to gain advantages. 

Wanker

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I was reading through some of their message boards after the match and he's not too popular.

Seems an interesting one, he’s clearly done a great job. Maybe theyve turned on him after their capitulation last season. Looks like there’ll be pressure on him if they’re not pushing for the top two spots 

7 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:lol: @ this and the comments. They're really proud of him :lol:

It was straight after this in the video that a reporter asked why specifically the goal shouldn't have stood and he refused to answer and tried to divert to the Sevilla match. 

That guy is a weird, happy clapper "Everything is fine" type who wears Arsenal tinted specs, arsenal pyjamas and has arsenal wallpaper in his parents spare bedroom. Absolute whopper.

His team have bottled their ultimate objective in both of the last two seasons. They bottled the top four, then the following season bottled the league from a commanding position. 

The league bottle came as previously pointed out via a game versus Liverpool where they were two nil up and cruising where Xhaka needlessly got involved lost his head and fired up Liverpool and the crowd. 

I think the Fergie/Mourinho/Conte (and now Arteta) hysterics approach has shown diminishing returns in recent times and all it does is put more pressure on the players and club.  

If they fall short of achieving again especially after spending all that money it feels like falling short will start to sink deep into the mentality there like it did at Spurs. 

In comparison we’ve had three crunch moments under Howe - Surviving relegation, the cup final, and top four and we’ve succeeded in 2/3 of them. It’s given the squad belief and confidence. Without projecting entitlement.

Edited by GeordieDazzler