Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

35 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s clearly a dive, his movement forwards comes after the challenge from Joe and the ball has been missed. 

Exactly, we said at the time that if watched in real time you can see quite clearly that it's not a foul and is in fact Gabriel fucking up. The most annoying thing for me since it happened is the amount of Arsenal fans making the claim of foul but only making that judgement based on stills, which look a complete different story.

10 hours ago, midds said:

Arteta never actually got any charge at all from the FA for his meltdown, did he? 

It's scandalous. They're essentially giving managers a free pass to say whatever they like without fear of punishment. 

"Be a referee!"? Who'd be a referee? :lol:

Edited by NEEJ

46 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, makes an absolute mockery of yellow cards on the pitch for me players questioning decisions when global press conferences go viral where the manager calls them

a disgrace and an embarrassment 

Every other manager has the right to have a pop at refs now! If punished they can fight it coz Arteta got off Scott free.

But hey respect the refs! ?

Unsurprisingly, a fairly significant proportion of Arsenal fans are doubling/trebling/quadrupling down on this being a disgrace.

VAR and refs in general are on a hiding to nothing these days tbf, fans of nearly every club seem to believe there is some coordinated conspiracy against them any time a decision that is not 100% conclusive does not go in their favour, the players of nearly all teams are increasingly proficient in methods for conning refs and/or influencing decisions and then you get endless gaslighting and moaning from the same managers who have actively encouraged their players to deceive referees.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Conspiracy theories aside, seemed an absolute no-brainer to throw the book at Arteta. Especially since the audio completely vindicates the VAR team. 

Don't understand why it hasn't been done, unless something about the rules has changed. 

London clubs exempt? ?

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

Exemplary work from VAR there, and good to see there's actual communication about the reasoning and the decisions rather than just process remarks :clap:

its text book and should be put in the VAR training manual.

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

its text book and should be put in the VAR training manual.

Bless you think they get training, and there's a manual for it! ? 

Only kidding, I would love to see the VAR manual. Rule 1 favour the Big Six. Rule 2. Protect "the brand". Rule 3. Don't show up the onfield ref. Etc 

Arteta went way over the top and I'm glad he's been pulled up about his little performance. I can totally understand managers being fucking livid about decisions and results but they're professionals and need to behave better than that given their positions in the game. 

Hope they throw the book at him. Doubt they will, it'll be a small fine or a 1 match touchline ban but he needs to take it with the grace he couldn't a fortnight ago, the little prick

10 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Just came in to post this, why has it taken so long?

Getting their ducks in a row, drop video absolving VAR and the refs. Sway public with facts.

Big fine and touchline ban for Arteta, go for Arsenal next.

13 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Getting their ducks in a row, drop video absolving VAR and the refs. Sway public with facts.

Big fine and touchline ban for Arteta, go for Arsenal next.

Arsenal should absolutely be charged for this too, you can understand when a manager doesn't like losing and is emotional in the aftermath, especially with a contentious decision. But for the club to post such a statement after the fact is absurd!

Also, seen a lot of "big 6" supporters sticking with Arsenal on this, even after the VAR release, mostly man u and Liverpool though tbf because they're perpetual victims apparently.

59 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Arsenal should absolutely be charged for this too, you can understand when a manager doesn't like losing and is emotional in the aftermath, especially with a contentious decision. But for the club to post such a statement after the fact is absurd!

Also, seen a lot of "big 6" supporters sticking with Arsenal on this, even after the VAR release, mostly man u and Liverpool though tbf because they're perpetual victims apparently.

It was a conscious and deliberate attempt to bully officials. Glad he’s been charged but I think they should hand out longer bans in all honesty. 

It makes me laugh as the fans, the media and the clubs are to blame for VAR, for years as soon as the TV cameras started to get good pictures of the games everyone started to moan about the referees, highlighting everything they missed, football reacted and put in VAR to try and stop this but made things worse.

I blame Andy Townsend's tactics truck.