Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

=

8 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Eh, so if a player passes backwards from the byline and another attacking player is ahead of the defenders that is offside?  I can't believe that is correct.  How as the Brentford goal against Chelsea allowed then?  There was only the goalkeeper behind the attackers in that case

Definitely never used to be, now fuck knows. Would negate squaring a ball for a tap in to someone. The defenders could just play off-side and the guy would have to score from a tight angle by himself as anything else would be off-side.

Edited by Wolfcastle

41 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Arsenal fans were a strange lot mind. They decided to sing that the atmosphere was shit when it clearly wasn’t and then barely mustered a coherent song after that. Support your team you weirdos. 

Their away support always beeing fucking crap

28 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Guess we’ll have to agree to disagree (and I don’t want to derail a great thread :lol:).

But we just un-banned them here in Denver, finally, which I’m proud to have voted for. 

A Barret .50 rifle (XL bully) can do a lot more damage than a .22 pistol (chihuahua) regardless of ownership is my view, not sure why people need to have them, I mean, a dog is a dog, no need for it really, in my humble opinion anyway.

39 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Arsenal fans were a strange lot mind. They decided to sing that the atmosphere was shit when it clearly wasn’t and then barely mustered a coherent song after that. Support your team you weirdos. 

They're a bunch of absolute freaks. Some of the weirdest fans in the league, same lot who racially abused Joelinton after the game at SJP on social media last season, a game that they won. They'll be whinging about VAR for this game for weeks, even though they'll have celebrated and laughed about Havertz not getting sent off tonight and us getting 3 bookings after the challenge but Bruno not getting sent off will be a crime against humanity. Arteta will set the narrative amongst them for the goal tonight as well. Odious fucking creeps.

Also find it amazing how much that club has been rattled by that 0-0 draw we got down there last year. The perpetuated bullshit to the nth degree about timewasting regarding us when they've time wasted from the get go in both of the last 2 games we've played against them. Will snort a henry of toot in one line when Arteta and Gabriel snuff it.

16 minutes ago, Memphis said:

The point was - if both of the players end up with only one defender behind them, even a backward or level pass is offside. 

The image is from right before the ball ends up with Gordon. In that image, both players are behind Raya, leaving only one defender between them and the goal. If Joelinton passes that ball, it is absolutely offside no matter which direction the pass travels. The rule specifically says as much...you are only onside if you are behind two defenders or level with the second-last one.

But since you can't quite tell how the ball gets to Gordon, it has to stand.

Screenshot_20231104_170009_YouTube ReVanced Extended.jpg

Sorry but that is all nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Memphis said:

The point was - if both of the players end up with only one defender behind them, even a backward or level pass is offside. 

The image is from right before the ball ends up with Gordon. In that image, both players are behind Raya, leaving only one defender between them and the goal. If Joelinton passes that ball, it is absolutely offside no matter which direction the pass travels. The rule specifically says as much...you are only onside if you are behind two defenders or level with the second-last one.

But since you can't quite tell how the ball gets to Gordon, it has to stand.

Screenshot_20231104_170009_YouTube ReVanced Extended.jpg

Is this true? Does the ball itself not rule all of this inconsequential?

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

Their away support always beeing fucking crap

Agreed, though one of my favourite zig-zag chant banter was with Arsenal many moons ago, when Shearer was out injured and they were chanting ‘England’s no. 9’ at Ian Wright:

Us: ‘Shearer!  Shearer!’

them: ‘One leg, he’s only got one leg, he’s only got one leg’

us: ‘one leg, he only needs one leg, he only needs one leg’ etc etc

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Can we just not be arsed why the decision went our way, enjoy the decision, don't analyse it. 

The only thing worth analysing is Kai Haverts and Arteta's faces after 98 minutes. 

Still fun to do post match analysis :)  I used to do it in the Three Bulls post match, these days it’s sat on the internet at breakfast 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They're a bunch of absolute freaks. Some of the weirdest fans in the league, same lot who racially abused Joelinton after the game at SJP on social media last season, a game that they won. They'll be whinging about VAR for this game for weeks, even though they'll have celebrated and laughed about Havertz not getting sent off tonight and us getting 3 bookings after the challenge but Bruno not getting sent off will be a crime against humanity. Arteta will set the narrative amongst them for the goal tonight as well. Odious fucking creeps.

Also find it amazing how much that club has been rattled by that 0-0 draw we got down there last year. The perpetuated bullshit to the nth degree about timewasting regarding us when they've time wasted from the get go in both of the last 2 games we've played against them. Will snort a henry of toot in one line when Arteta and Gabriel snuff it.

Very good point, got a 0-0 draw in a game where they created nowt with a lot of possesion yet lego heed has them all thinking we are a shite team who scraps and gets jammy results

Edited by NUFC91

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, you can pass to a teammate irrespective of the number of opposition players between you and the goal line provided that your team mate is behind or level with you

Which is the point I’m trying to make. Like, Gordon is behind the ball. That’s all that matters right? Regardless of how many Arsenal players are goal side? Or am I being wooshed here? :lol: 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Which is the point I’m trying to make. Like, Gordon is behind the ball. That’s all that matters right? Regardless of how many Arsenal players are goal side? Or am I being wooshed here? :lol: 

No, you’re definitely right :) - I was confirming that (my wording wasn’t great)

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

You've obvs not been following UK news. I'd give my left nut for 100 of these starving, radge cunts to be locked in a room with the Arsenal squad and coaching staff.

Fucking gutted it wasn't his Sexual Chocolate theme. 

Arteta repeatedly giving it "I don't want to be in the hands of people".

Are you saying... you want to self-officiate? :lol:

"We investigated o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ the goal and found o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ the goal n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶u̶i̶l̶t̶y̶ offside"

Edited by Elric