Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

35 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: I like the part where they even make clear that Havertz was a bigger cunt than Bruno.

If Havertz had been red carded, then we wouldn't have had three players booked and I honestly believe Bruno wouldn't have been running around trying to get himself sent off as well.

Just now, bigfella said:

If Havertz had been red carded, then we wouldn't have had three players booked and I honestly believe Bruno wouldn't have been running around trying to get himself sent off as well.

Said this all along including a tweet replying to Ian Wright's bubbling. 

If Havertz is sent off, like he should've been, none of the rest happens. None of it. 

Tweet was, quite Wrightly, ignored 😂

1 hour ago, NSG said:

The match incidents have been reviewed by the 5 man panel of the PL “Key incidents review” team. Outcome was:

All 5 thought that Havertz should have been sent off.

3 thought Bruno should have been sent off, 2 didn’t.

All agreed that VAR couldn’t have said the ball was out of play, and also all agreed that it couldn’t have been given offside.

4 believed it wasn’t a foul by Joelinton, 1 believed it was.

Agreed fully with the conclusion.

Didn't manage to watch the game live as I was at a birthday party. When I heard all the comments about Bruno elbow I assumed it was like the one against PSG where it was a straight up hit with no justification. This one seemed much more ambiguous, where you can justify it as being part of the game and accidental.

Still could have been red, but isn't as clear cut.

Edited by kocunar

2 minutes ago, Checko said:

;D Though I agree with their conclusions, though surprised only 3 out of 5 thought Bruno shoulld have been sent off. That looked pretty clear to me.

I'd have had no complaints with it being a sending off but there's one angle of it that doesn't look as bad/shows how glancing it is. Still could've easily been a red for intent alone, imo.

4 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I'd have had no complaints with it being a sending off but there's one angle of it that doesn't look as bad/shows how glancing it is. Still could've easily been a red for intent alone, imo.

Ah, don't think I've seen that one. Any deliberate strike to the head that's non-negligable is a sending off. Depends on how hard negligable is I guess.

3 hours ago, NSG said:

The match incidents have been reviewed by the 5 man panel of the PL “Key incidents review” team. Outcome was:

All 5 thought that Havertz should have been sent off.

3 thought Bruno should have been sent off, 2 didn’t.

All agreed that VAR couldn’t have said the ball was out of play, and also all agreed that it couldn’t have been given offside.

4 believed it wasn’t a foul by Joelinton, 1 believed it was.

post of the year

I actually thought a bit much was made of the Bruno incident. It's a sort of "get out the way" nudge because Jorginho looks like he's about to block off his path, but it's higher than I think he meant it to be. It's possibly still a red, but I don't think he tried to do him. 

It would be a bit easier to think that if he didn't have a track record for it. There's probably been about 5 other wild red cards he's totally avoided somehow over the past year.

Edited by 80

8 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

While Havertz is obviously much worse and he definitely went in with some malice, bit easier to plead incompetence with a poorly judged sliding tackle than a forearm to the head

A poorly judged sliding tackle is putting it lightly, he went in to hurt Longstaff.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A poorly judged sliding tackle is putting it lightly, he went in to hurt Longstaff.

Yeah I agree and that's why I said it was much worse than Bruno and he went in with malice, just you never really have any business raising a forearm to another players head whereas strong sliding tackles are generally part of the game so there's more scope for claiming it was unintentional (but not in this instance)

Edited by Dandy Man