Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

19 minutes ago, 54 said:

Havertz left the ground, and got some serious airtime, and he went in studs up, even if he didn't connect, it's still a terrible challenge and one that should be a red imo.

Bruno's is 100% a red too, was a really silly thing to do, and he let the emotions get the better of him.

Replay also showed that Havertz leading leg did connect with Longstaff. If that was just a few cm further in it would have snapped his ankle or maybe even his leg. Completely reckless. Clear red.

Don't think I've ever seen such a massive outpouring of whinging, delusion and anger on Instagram, YouTube comments etc. after one of our matches as after this.

The best one was an Arsenal fan suggesting Howe deserved an Oscar for his interview where he said he hadn't seen the replay :lol: the sheer fucking irony at that notion when the manager of his own team is pissing his pants like a stroppy child who isn't allowed sweets in the supermarket in multiple interviews.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:
3 minutes ago, mush said:

Wonder if they'll release a statement condemning their fans racially abusing Willock

They have on twitter in fairness

Ah, I stand corrected then :thup:

2 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

With regard to the ball going out, one thing that struck me is that the crowd sitting in the corner - in line with the goal line, CLEARLY think that willock has kept the ball in.

I'm also not sure what joelintons meant to do with his hands when his body is under momentum and Gabriel is already being blown over by the wind. 

The offside rule is now too complex to determine an offside against Gordon. 

Not really, if Gordon is behind the ball as it's played he's onside, irrespective of where any defenders or GK are. And he looks behind the ball, pretty much the Law as it's stood for decades. 

You can be offside when a ball is passed backwards or behind the ball, but those offences to bring those Laws into play were not present, or as the Premier League seem to be indicating, they couldn't tell exactly when the ball was played towards the middle of the goal allowing Gordo to score.

There's nowhere near enough focus on how shit Arsenal were on the night for my liking. One powderpuff shot on target all night and precisely zero clear cut chances created. We stifled the fuck out of them and they don't like it at all.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

There's nowhere near enough focus on how shit Arsenal were on the night for my liking. One powderpuff shot on target all night and precisely zero clear cut chances created. We stifled the fuck out of them and they don't like it at all.

It's the old Mourinho tactic of deflection.  The ref, the lino, a disputed goal, his own physio (the lass), all used so the focus is on something other than how poor his team was.

30 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Something that's being missed among the hysteria around 3 big decisions is the referee giving them every single remotely marginal call all game. It was fucking scandalous and we honestly did amazingly well to overcome it. 

Spot on how long did he take to waive Joelinton back on the pitch 1st half, he was actually looking over and still wouldn’t give the signal.

:lol: Imagine taking the Livarpool route of a club statement over a decision that had no decisive answer when you got 90% of the calls for the other 89 minutes. Pathetic little crybabies. If we went on like they have PL bosses would be gleefully dishing out the fines already.

21 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Id argue it’s worse than that. After the 0-0 at their place last season they have twice come up to St James' and changed the way they play to a more physical style to try make a point. They got away with it last season but didn’t yesterday. It was them who tried to make it a physical contest yesterday, even before the Havertz tackle. Bigger the fool them if you ask me

They've dropped at the most one point to at best the sort of controversial decision all non-elite clubs have had go against them a few times a season.

The disproportionate way they're going on about it just embelishes the fact more and more the more they go on.

We sent a letter in after a string of decisions like that last season.

Edited by Wolfcastle