Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

2c24306d3c40d49dca67a18073cf88fe.thumb.png.5f6853055dd4688920e833579ba82aeb.png

2b3b9f3413244ff03e601aca948c53d7.thumb.png.3c83d8e8a7bc0767846468652614c317.png

Yeah, so this is how they spend their money. It's not hard to grasp why they're struggling despite spending that amount, when you look at how much they spent on some of these mediocre players. There is a lot of young players and talents being bought though, who knows how good they will be in the future.

Edited by Erikse

It's not the players, as much as the prices. 100m on Enzo (40m Bruno), 70m on Mudryk (45m Gordon), 65m on Cucerellla (12m Burn:lol:).

Look at the business the likes of City do in comparison.

Poch will get thrown under the bus soon.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

It's not the players, as much as the prices. 100m on Enzo (40m Bruno), 70m on Mudryk (45m Gordon), 65m on Cucerellla (12m Burn:lol:).

Look at the business the likes of City do in comparison.

Poch will get thrown under the bus soon.

Wesley Fofana for 80 mill euros aswell.. I know he's injured this season, but he didn't really look like a £70m player last season.. They also spent 50 mill euros on Aubameyang and Koulibaly, 33 and 31 year old players past their prime.. Koulibaly was sold for 15 mill less without actually having done anything, same as Joao Felix with his loan fee (11 mill euros) and Aubameyang who went on a free transfer. I wonder what they were paid in wages, probably way too much. Still can't believe how much money they got for Mount and Havertz though.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

11 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s far too many players at once coming into a totally dysfunctional set up with zero stability. 

told basically got a copy of Fm followed an online guide on how to make big money in football and tried it irl. 

Yeah, it's clearly a culture thing, I don't think they're buying bad players but they're not a team, just a group of very talented individuals. A squad can afford some of those personalities if everyone else is pulling together around them, but it's a critical mass thing, once it gets past a certain point the squad becomes much less than the sum of its parts. I think if you put any of those players in our squad they'd look worth their price tag.

27 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Wesley Fofana for 80 mill euros aswell.. I know he's injured this season, but he didn't really look like a £70m player last season.. They also spent 50 mill euros on Aubameyang and Koulibaly, 33 and 31 year old players past their prime.. Koulibaly was sold for 15 mill less without actually having done anything, same as Joao Felix with his loan fee (11 mill euros) and Aubameyang who went on a free transfer. I wonder what they were paid in wages, probably way too much. Still can't believe how much money they got for Mount and Havertz though.[emoji38]

Koulibally was hyped for years as a great defender (and I am sure he was) so was quite funny to see him finally arrive in the league and look utterly hopeless. Really probably unfair thats how he will be remembered by a lot of people lol

41 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Yeah, it's clearly a culture thing, I don't think they're buying bad players but they're not a team, just a group of very talented individuals. A squad can afford some of those personalities if everyone else is pulling together around them, but it's a critical mass thing, once it gets past a certain point the squad becomes much less than the sum of its parts. I think if you put any of those players in our squad they'd look worth their price tag.

Not sure about Mudryk, I think he is just not a PL player. Maybe Howe would've done wonders with him, though. I gotta say, so far Jackson hasn't really impressed either, and I'm not sure if that's a culture thing. Look at all the chances he is wasting, it reminds me of Werner. Cucurella and Sterling for around £105m total? Again, not sure if they would look worth all that with ut. Enzo was never worth £100m for me, good player, but I'd say more like £70m. People were just hyping him as something incredible based on a few games in the world cup.

Edited by Erikse

I think part of both sides are true. The players have gone into a club in a bad situation and they aren't getting the best out of players who, in a better situation, could look very good but they absolutely have been overpaying too

Chelsea’s best 11 should really be when all fit:

ST: Broja

LW: Sterling 

RW: Palmer

#10: Nkunku

CM1 and CM2: Gallagher, Enzo 

RB: James

LB: Chillwell

CB1 and CB2: Benoit Badiashelle, Axel D

GK: Sanchez 

^ and I realize I am leaving out Caciedo here. I guess the adjustment is Cacideo in a double pivot with Enzo and Gallagher as an 8/10 with Nkunku as some sort of false 9. Alternatively he could play on the wing and Sterling could play that deeper 9 role. 

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

The Liverpool loss still irks me more than it should. Still can’t comprehend how we lost. 

I genuinely can’t remember the last time I felt like that after the game. Don’t even remember being as savage after some of the hidings we got off the mackems. 

I was in Corfu watching that. Literally nearly ruined my fucking holiday :lol: and aye i'm still pissed too just had to say to myself that its bothered my that much it's just nice that i care again i guess :lol::smitten:

4 hours ago, Ed Vinegar said:

4-1 is getting to be a familiar scoreline! Loved seeing Isak pick out Miley to celebrate the first goal. Feels like we've got a good team mentality for bringing through young players now, hope it continues.

Isak’s at his most dangerous outside of the box, after we have scored a goal. He literally starts beating the sh*t out of our players when celebrating he has me worried as anything!

Watch what he does to Lascelles, Joelinton, etc. He could’ve done Miley a right injury needs to get off the hype train

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Chelsea’s best 11 should really be when all fit:

ST: Broja

LW: Sterling 

RW: Palmer

#10: Nkunku

CM1 and CM2: Gallagher, Enzo 

RB: James

LB: Chillwell

CB1 and CB2: Benoit Badiashelle, Axel D

GK: Sanchez 

^ and I realize I am leaving out Caciedo here. I guess the adjustment is Cacideo in a double pivot with Enzo and Gallagher as an 8/10 with Nkunku as some sort of false 9. Alternatively he could play on the wing and Sterling could play that deeper 9 role. 

Still not that great though. Broja unproven, Gallagher a nothing player, Nkunku completely new and returning from injury, Sterling hit and miss, Badiashiele looks leggy and cumbersome at the moment. Not to mention the amount of injuries to the likes of James and Chilwell. 

I think that first eleven is outside of the top 4 or maybe even 6. 

They do have good players but I’m not sure what it will take for them to come good as a team. 

42 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

I was in Corfu watching that. Literally nearly ruined my fucking holiday :lol: and aye i'm still pissed too just had to say to myself that its bothered my that much it's just nice that i care again i guess :lol::smitten:

I was away for my anniversary in the Yorkshire Dales. Went for food

after and I don’t think I said a word for 2 hours. 

Selfish prick looking back :lol: but I was seething. Pub was all Liverpool fans and all. Which didn’t help. 

53 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

Defo the main low point of the season. Dortmund and Bournemouth we were knackered and down to the bare bones.

Against Liverpool to be deservedly Infront, then reduce them to ten men and with almost everyone available and fit, was an absolute sickner. It's as if the football gods had already decided it was going to fuck us.

I think most of all because we all want to see that stupid German prick put in his place. 

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Still not that great though. Broja unproven, Gallagher a nothing player, Nkunku completely new and returning from injury, Sterling hit and miss, Badiashiele looks leggy and cumbersome at the moment. Not to mention the amount of injuries to the likes of James and Chilwell. 

I think that first eleven is outside of the top 4 or maybe even 6. 

They do have good players but I’m not sure what it will take for them to come good as a team. 

For the outlay (approaching £1bn?) it’s dogshit. If I didn’t know any better I’d think there was some huge financial scam being perpetrated. 

5 hours ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I remember us never beating these at home. Always managed to get one over us.

How the tides are changing 

Since Shearer scored that goal against them, we have had a good record at home against them.