Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

No decisions should be made in slow motion replay.  

Tbf in fast time I just saw it hit his arm, I didn't see it hit his chest first.

I thought it was less a penalty in slow time than in normal time.

Proud of the performance but it did feel like the goal was coming, wish we'd had the composure to get a hold of it and settle, I think it was mainly nerves rather than fatigue. The pen came from Bruno chipping it out of play instead of a simple pass to Gordon, it's moments like that which cost you at this level sadly. 

Draw is good enough though. Beat Milan and you never know, Dortmund still have top spot to play for. 

Also, i’ve been critical of Pope recently but what a great performance that was by him today. Looked like the Pope of early last season. Travesty he’s had the most deserved clean sheet of his career robbed from him. 

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Proud of the performance but it did feel like the goal was coming, wish we'd had the composure to get a hold of it and settle, I think it was mainly nerves rather than fatigue. The pen came from Bruno chipping it out of play instead of a simple pass to Gordon, it's moments like that which cost you at this level sadly. 

Draw is good enough though. Beat Milan and you never know, Dortmund still have top spot to play for. 

That’s a lovely story but it wasn’t a pen so it’s fairly irrelevant. 

I'm not going to blame VAR for that, the ref shouldn't be giving it after the review. Still, it is what it is, games over now and 4pts from PSG in the Champs League isn't to be sniffed at. The deciding match for us, at home against Milan, makes that next game really exciting for us, just hope our injuries improve... or at the very least, don't get worse!

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Fair enough, but what happened to our passing,our composure ?

It went out the window with our legs. 

Had Wilson, Barnes, Murphy, Tonali etc. came on I would be legit upset by that second half performance. But that was always going to happen with the shift we out in off the ball and Isak leading the line.  

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Fair enough, but what happened to our passing,our composure ?

God man they give their absolute all and were dead on their feet, we couldn't make a sub away from home in Europe between two hard  prem games. Aye our passing game went a bit when knackered and under the cosh. Give them some credit. Are some of our fans becoming spoilt already, going on like a man united or spurs fan tbh.

Edited by WideopenMag