Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

2 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Its a measure of how far we've come in such a short space of time that we feel disappointment . Still in it . Bring on Milan .

A win and a draw to PSG is fucking great, yeah.

And when the draw was made, if you offered us a chance to qualify on the last day at home a lot of people would have taken it.

It's just the fucking hope that crushes you.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Half nerves/lack of composure, half shagged.

I think Isak was told to play within himself in the second half too. Last thing we need is him being out for 6 weeks again. 

I think he was against Chelsea too. He’s been told not to chase causes which is obviously the right play.

A point away from home against PSG with the injuries we’ve got is mighty impressive.

But the 8 mins added time and VAR decision were both horrendous. 

We defended heroically and the lads should be so so so proud, but also PSG missed some sitters and we rode our luck with a backs to the wall 2nd half. 

Onwards, lads & lasses.

We’re experiencing things we could never have even dreamed of in winter 2021. 

Let’s keep our peckers up. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Good explanation on CBS as to why it was a pen. No vids online yet but basically it was a pen because some stupid cunts make the handball rule ridiculous.

I'll print this off and use it to wipe my tears now cheers dude

6 minutes ago, wormy said:

It's almost like the squad was so far on the bare bones of its arse already that we couldn't make a single change that didn't involve giving a youngster only his first or second appearance for the club.

Are you genuinely surprised that our depleted squad had to concede control to PSG on their turf while they sought an equaliser?

The team did everything needed to get a clean sheet until corruption interfered. I just don't know how you watch that performance and say 'yeah if we had a bit more possession..'.

No I'm not surprised given the circumstances, but resorting to hoofball undid us,I'm sorry to say

1 minute ago, Ronaldo said:

I think he was against Chelsea too. He’s been told not to chase causes which is obviously the right play.

Agree, but should probably tell the rest of the team [emoji38]. Miley played a couple balls into space in the first half that he didn't even run after.

9 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

God man they give their absolute all and were dead on their feet, we couldn't make a sub away from home in Europe between two hard  prem games. Aye our passing game went about when knackered and under the cosh. Give them some credit. Are some of our fans becoming spoilt already, going on like a man united or spurs fan tbh.

Oh do fuck off with that man u patter man

Just now, Mike said:

Nights like tonight make look forward to when we just own all this shit.

Hope in 10 years when their owners are gone we go and buy their best player and loan his to Marseille.

Remember though, if pope hadn’t saved some shots, or if PSG had hit the target, they would have won anyway, so it’s a fair result. We should have just kept the ball and scored a few more goals. I’m sure Howe will learn that in future games, whilst he’s bringing 5 subs on every 15 minutes.

This group won’t mentally crash from that, if anything it will just cause the opposite. What a way to have that taken from us though, just can’t process that decision at all right now. Proud of this club.