Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Liverpool. I feel hard done by for last night, but immensely proud. A healthier team would have won outright. That Liverpool game fucked me up.

100% this. I just got annoyed thinking about that Liverpool game again :lol: 

3 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Is he not an arsenal fan? Or did I remember that incorrectly? He’s a pretentious wanker, and a shit stirrer and I think Aggers was right about him.

Jonathan Lieuw?

I totally agree, he's a pretentious tosser, writes almost exclusively content that reads like it is principally aimed at other sports writers who then feel obliged to kiss his arse.

He's my least favourite football writer, with the exception of Rod Liddle, who is only a part time football writer but who remains one of my least favourite people on the face of the earth, let alone in the papers.

Shocking decision that reeks of cowardice. Go against your mates on VAR and make the right call, it's clear and obvious with the benefit of replays that it isn't a handball. 

Proud of the lads. We gave absolutely everything and I'm more certain than ever that we are going in the right direction. We rode our luck at times but even the very best teams will have to at times with their attack. Bring back even half of our injuries and I'm convinced we'd be topping the group right now. 

We absolutely use that pathetic decision to further bring the group together and our belief grows. 

It'd be interesting to see if the Ref only saw the one angle that was played while he was looking at the screen. The one the showed after he made the decision and walked away, showed openly it hit off the chest first. 

isak was out on his feet. thought he might have replaced him with dummet for injury time - especially to try stopping the balls coming in from the right.

even hall for gordon to help the press.

we were never going to score on the counter.

still. great result.

winning the europa league gets us back in for another crack next season 

Edited by huss9

40 minutes ago, brummie said:

Jonathan Lieuw?

I totally agree, he's a pretentious tosser, writes almost exclusively content that reads like it is principally aimed at other sports writers who then feel obliged to kiss his arse.

He's my least favourite football writer, with the exception of Rod Liddle, who is only a part time football writer but who remains one of my least favourite people on the face of the earth, let alone in the papers.

Aye that’s him. I agree with your points, his articles are often very snide digs, puffed up opinion pieces veiled as something with journalistic integrity. The Jofra Archer one was a case in point. Yeah maybe there was a theme of racism, but it was based on no evidence at all. Maybe a better way of doing that would have been to seek sources and do the ground work (not like there wasn’t a fucking stack of evidence of racism in cricket if he bothered his arse to dig a little). In the end, the whole blustering in with a snidey takedown piece meant that the issue became Liew vs Aggers as opposed to examining what actions people took that were racist. In the end, I don’t think it progressed anything around Archer’s case at the time except further disempowering him. 

Liverpool stuff really bothered me but weirdly I'm calmer on this even though lots more riding on this game. Maybe it's because just very happy with how the squad have dealt with horrendous injury we have no right to be even drawing away at psg. Maybe it's because the real damage to our qualifying campaign were the games against Dortmund particularly the home one. That's where any regrets should lie.

1 hour ago, OCK said:

It'd be interesting to see if the Ref only saw the one angle that was played while he was looking at the screen. The one the showed after he made the decision and walked away, showed openly it hit off the chest first. 

Doesn't matter in Europe. But it still shouldn't have been a pen going by their rules.

Last night was a weird one - think because I spent the whole second half waiting for their equaliser, even into added time I didn't expect the win. Would usually be absolutely fizzing at a decision like that, but just felt empty after the torture of watching it. Immensely proud of the lads though, and gutted they've had a famous win stolen away from them. Can't imagine the scenes at the end if we'd gotten over the line.

6 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Liverpool stuff really bothered me but weirdly I'm calmer on this even though lots more riding on this game. Maybe it's because just very happy with how the squad have dealt with horrendous injury we have no right to be even drawing away at psg. Maybe it's because the real damage to our qualifying campaign were the games against Dortmund particularly the home one. That's where any regrets should lie.

It's annoying to think about how just 1 point against Dortmund would mean that it would still be in our hands now.

Edited by Erikse