FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

The more I think about it the more crazy it is that across the FA cup, league cup and Champions League we haven't been given a single 'easy' tie in which you could consider resting a couple of players. 

We rested a good few in the Manchester cup ties.

We had a family gathering at our place yesterday and one of the fellas that came is a Sunderland fan so I offered to put the match on the teevee for him vs. Hull.  I watched it on and off and I can honestly say that the football played by both teams was quite a low standard.  There was no closing down, tons of space in the penalty area and very little pace to speak of.  A player like Isak would have a field day against either of those sides.

Of course I am not stupid enough to underestimate how the Sunderland team will come out against us but, we should have more than enough to deal with them comfortably.  Even my guest - who is a very decent bloke and not at all like the rabid bunch of crazed lunatics on RTG - said that he expects Sunderland to get a lesson from us....

12 hours ago, pinkeye said:

We had a family gathering at our place yesterday and one of the fellas that came is a Sunderland fan so I offered to put the match on the teevee for him vs. Hull.  I watched it on and off and I can honestly say that the football played by both teams was quite a low standard.  There was no closing down, tons of space in the penalty area and very little pace to speak of.  A player like Isak would have a field day against either of those sides.

Of course I am not stupid enough to underestimate how the Sunderland team will come out against us but, we should have more than enough to deal with them comfortably.  Even my guest - who is a very decent bloke and not at all like the rabid bunch of crazed lunatics on RTG - said that he expects Sunderland to get a lesson from us....

Yes I agree with your guest.  We will hammer these.  0-3 is my prediction.

Logically, we should absolutely batter them! The likes of Bruno and Isak against their lot should be a no-brainer but logic and football sometimes doesn’t work! 

I watched the draw live in a boozer in Hebburn with black and white and red and white mates and when number 27 came out, it was like celebrating a goal - the whole pub went up! Then, it hit me a minute later, that it’s a free hit for them and it’s all to lose for us! 

I’d take a 1-0 but I’d obviously prefer a 10-0! 

54 minutes ago, Paully said:

Logically, we should absolutely batter them! The likes of Bruno and Isak against their lot should be a no-brainer but logic and football sometimes doesn’t work! 

I watched the draw live in a boozer in Hebburn with black and white and red and white mates and when number 27 came out, it was like celebrating a goal - the whole pub went up! Then, it hit me a minute later, that it’s a free hit for them and it’s all to lose for us! 

I’d take a 1-0 but I’d obviously prefer a 10-0! 

Don’t be too confident, “8-0, we only win 8-0…” (away, red and white stripes blah blah). 

54 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Don’t be too confident, “8-0, we only win 8-0…” (away, red and white stripes blah blah). 

I love humping a team in red and white just for when "Are you Sunderland in disguise" is followed by a thoughtful pause and then "Your disguise is fucking shit"

A lot of PTSD on here which is hardly surprising when you have to go back to 2011 for our last win. However, it's been almost 8 years to the day since we last played them and a lot has changed in that time.

The only way they get anything from this is if they park the bus and hope for some breakaway miracle, but they won't. Might be our only win in January, but we'll win this one.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Buses collection/departing from 8:30/9:15am… Earlier than even I expected 😆

Bloody hell. I hope not. Was planning on getting a couple of quick pints in Spoons beforehand. 

25 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

My mates says 10.15 or something, he posted it in a group earlier. Think a few in the tickets section had exact times too

I have 11:05 online, but the actual ticket says 8:30 - 9:15 🤷🏽‍♂️