FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

Protesting against their club isn’t exactly the brightest move two days before the derby but it’s important they show how much they hate us, even if it makes things toxic for their own club

It's all fucking hilarious from this side of the fandom, but I'm not even local and I'd be fuming if that was us bending over backwards for local rivals like that. :lol:

Has there even been precedent of a corporate area needing to be made to feel like home for visiting fans like this?

Just now, wormy said:

It's all fucking hilarious from this side of the fandom, but I'm not even local and I'd be fuming if that was us bending over backwards for local rivals like that. :lol:

Has there even been precedent of a corporate area needing to be made to feel like home for visiting fans like this?

Brighton do it in their stadium for away fans - but that's in the away section and just a couple of photos etc. Definitely not in the home end.

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Protesting against their club isn’t exactly the brightest move two days before the derby but it’s important they show how much they hate us, even if it makes things toxic for their own club

Protesting and boycouting is Mag behaviour though so they're stuck. 

1 hour ago, Kilcline said:

All now taken down allegedly - been sent these by a mackem, hopefully another wind up (but not the ticket bit)

Screenshot_20240104_160305_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240104_160322_WhatsApp.jpg

"Don't worry, I won't say anything'

*screenshot sound effect*

Brighton do similar if I recall (only ground currently in EPL I’ve not been to but sure I’ve seen photos) to make away fans feel welcome and behave and treat the facilities better. Psychology etc.

2 hours ago, geordie_b said:

That has to be 'shopped, simply cant be real :spit:

Given the censorship of their stadium display this must be a 3rd party going rogue

EDIT Mackems are claiming that's there all the time, probably look at it whilst ordering a pint of copium

The song was originally "Cheer up Peter Reid, oh what can it mean, to a Sunderland supporter, to be top of the league" then we twisted it to take the piss when they were shite in the Premier League tbf, so likely will be genuine.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

27 minutes ago, Dava1892 said:

Protesting tonight now, F-ing hilarious this whole shambles of a club

IMG_1431.png

We all know that they will do absolutely nothing

They talk a good game but can't be arsed and want others to do it for them, whether that is protesting or with their flag attempts

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Brighton do similar if I recall (only ground currently in EPL I’ve not been to but sure I’ve seen photos) to make away fans feel welcome and behave and treat the facilities better. Psychology etc.

Feel like I've seen it a few times (Brentford & City maybe?), although to a much lesser extent (interchangeable posters in away end welcoming X fans etc) and not redecorating their hospitality bar for their local rivals. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Feel like I've seen it a few times (Brentford & City maybe?), although to a much lesser extent (interchangeable posters in away end welcoming X fans etc) and not redecorating their hospitality bar for their local rivals. :lol: 

In fairness the price they/we are paying for the hospitality it’s the least they could do 🤣

26 minutes ago, geordiekris said:

No blood on their hands 

Just black and white paint [emoji38]

Quality

Someone knock a banner of this up for Saturday

32 minutes ago, geordiekris said:

No blood on their hands 

Just black and white paint [emoji38]

KLD has provided us with so much ammo. He's even loaded the gun himself and guided to target. Fucking great bloke. 😂

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, why waste printer paper? :lol:

:thup: Going off the pink seats, I'd imagine they had quite a few of those tickets leftover. Sustainability ftw.