Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Great first half but really think not scoring is going to come back and bite us on the backside. Can’t see Man Utd being as ineffective in the second half + the fact I expect us to tire. 

Think it’s been Mileys best game for us. Tino fabulous, Almiron busy but wasteful. 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, OCK said:

This has debatable Man U goal written all over it [emoji38]

It’s got that horrible 0-1 feeling from the 95/96 season. We are so much in control here too, hopefully we can get an early goal in the second half and move on and destroy them.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

Through no fault of his own but Tino is just a few levels better.

You've got to admire his performances. Surging runs and confidence in possession. Some of his hearty last man runs and tackles are special. He's definitely superb. If Hall is as good we've got some incredible future years watching top tier full backs. English as well.

We’re better than them, my only fear is not sticking away our chances and then making some changes and using the bench to hit us on the break. 45-65 mins key to go at them hard.

Miley is class, love Miggy but tonight is an example of where we can improve the first 11 moving forwards. 

We've dominated them but as is often our problem when dominating is that we just don't have enough of a final ball.

Almiron in particular is infuriating, he had so much space to put that ball into for Gordon and it just seemed so fucking half arsed an effort.

1 minute ago, Big Geordie said:

We've bossed it and played really well. :thup: Final ball and final decision making not quite at it, but that's to be expected given our recent exertions. I hope we take a chance, because the worry is these bastards can pinch one on the break.

My thoughts exactly 

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Decky said:

The problem we're gonna have is late in the game if its still 0-0 and our options from the bench are extremely limited, and non-existent going forward. 

Yeah, was really hoping for an early goal. Hopefully we can keep these levels going as these look there for the taking. Get one we get a few I think.