Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

Very disappointing. Bad result. The away form is a worry for sure. We really need to regroup and beat Forest. 

Top 4 even top 5 gonna be tough. Top 6 and attack FA Cup. If we can beat Mackems, get players back, January transfer business, we should be stronger.

Edited by samptime29

Turned it off.

Howe isn't under any pressure, but the performance today was as poor as we've seen under him. And he's had more players absent than he's had today for a number of matches where we've performed a lot better.

Howe frequently says about how his players give everything. I don't think they did today, and to me that's unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Apparently the lads are supposed to in on Christmas Day for a couple of hours.

Should be in all day now.

Sure the massively fatigued squad will benefit greatly from this.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

We are back sliding massively, Howe has a lot of credit in the bank but this feels like we've been figured out to me, last season it was disappointing draws and we've regressed and moved into very disappointing losses, we are very easy to play against away from home, the more worrying part is that we can't seem to keep possession for dear life, our midfield has been absolutely shambolic.

Simply put that wasn’t good enough. The manager and players need to sit down and discuss what they think is going wrong, and then the manager needs to have a similar conversation with the board with a view to righting the ship in January. The season is in serious danger of skidding off course. I’m not letting them have “fatigue” for that - that was uninterested, lacking in heart, lazy, unprofessional and incompetent.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I doubt anyone thinks today has been good or owt but honestly, the gleeful negativity and utter fucking drivel being posted by some of the usuals as some kind of meaningful analysis, rather than just accepting the squad is out on it's feet is mind boggling like

This, this and this again