Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

You can score with your shoulder though.

You can, but in this case (and the majority of others) it would have no bearing on the passage of play as it unfolds. It makes more sense in my opinion to disallow the goal after the fact if the shoulder being ahead has been in some way consequential to anything. 

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

The reality here is that we’ve been comfortably outplayed. Really disappointing performance

Story of virtually every away game this season. Difficult to swallow after the heights we achieved last season. I get we would always "level out" a bit this year, but we've just been awful in away games

Edited by SiLvOR

6 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Their player intentionally kicked it so onside?

Going back to this, it doesnt matter if Isak was offside when they drew the lines. The other defender intentionally played the ball before it fell to Isak so he cant be offside. Or have the rules changed again?

1 minute ago, Chrisjraby said:

Other than Isak popping up for that offside goal, have him or Wilson really touched the ball all game?  We're getting absolutely nullified by bloody Luton

Playing at walking pace and struggling to string two passes together.  Against shit teams we look pedestrian, against decent side we can’t get the ball back and play ten men back.  It’s utter shite and we’re nearly in January - I can’t believe that this play style isn’t being instructed.