Newcastle United 1-3 Notts Forest (26/12/23)

Disco

It's like some fans only support the team when we are winning. And just need/want to blame individuals.  It's 1-1. They have had two counter attacks, if we tighten that up and not over commit, should win comfortably imo, well based on that first half that is.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Ergh if Isak goes near post with that late header it's in.

There's easily still goals in this for both teams like. 2-2 seems a likely outcome.

He really had to leap for it looked like to me from me a standing position so was hard to direct.

1 minute ago, WideopenMag said:

Bollocks he's getting the stick he deserves was a ridiculous pass after we'd committed men forward. He constantly makes the wrong decision in the final third and people have had enough of him. 

He never had the angle to shoot, if he did and never scored and they broke away and scored, you would be saying the same thing.

At the end of the day we had 3 players back who were weak and failed to deal with a situation that they should have comfortably dealt with.

We all know Miggy has his limitation, like many in the squad. It’s why he’s here, if he was a compete winger then he would have been here for 6-12months before being sold to a club further up the table after we bought him. It’s why we need to build our squad out. We all know that we can’t do that overnight due to FFP.

8 minutes ago, Decky said:

For the 100th time my arse. :lol: Only mention of it I can see was briefly in the prematch thread an hour ago and that wasn't official either. 

It has been mentioned multiple times. Do your research before spouting off at the manager [emoji38]

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Longstaff has been abysmal. Been caught on the ball, falling over and just not getting involved.

Gordon isn’t creating, Almiron and Longstaff never do and we are leaving it to a 17 year old who is the one putting a shift in. Some players need to step up.

You been happy with Longstaff and Almirons shift? Yeah they run about, but what else have they done today. We need more than they offer.

I'm not saying you're wrong man. You're right about today. Just interesting they also get those comments and moments.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Gerard Houllier looking down and enjoying seeing an attacker being blamed for a goal being conceded when there’s a whole load game after the incident. 

Thought the very same thing.

Goalkeeper beaten at the near post, defenders and forwards strolling around as if qualification for a world cup wasn't on the line, not laying a glove on the opponent.....definitely the fault of a bloke putting a cross into the box.