Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United: 30/1/24 @ 20:15 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 hours ago, brummie said:

No idea what will happen tomorrow, but home form dipped in which way?  We've played 10 home league matches, won 9 and drawn 1, scored 29 and conceded 8. 

We also won 7 out of our last 7 home league matches at the end of last season, and haven't lost at home in the league since Arsenal beat us, very nearly a year ago.

;-)

Getting back to the matter in hand, though, we've not been great in general the last few weeks, and we're really, really missing Pau Torres, who is massively important to the way we play (although Lenglet has looked ok of late, he's still nowhere near as good at passing out of defence). We also could do with a fit and firing Jacob Ramsey back asap. Diaby is also currently going through a terrible period, really out of form.  Digne is also out, he was excellent for us first half of the season.

On the positive side, Tielemans is back fully fit, Moreno is starting to look the player he was before his injury, and after having decided he was the only player Emery could not do anything with, Bailey is now making me look like an idiot and starting to look like he's worth every penny of what we paid for him .

Hoping we get firing on all cylinders again soon, though.

Martinez Cash Konsa Lenglet Moreno Luiz Kamara McGinn Tielemans Watkins Bailey I reckon.

I liked @brummie more when Villa were shit tbh 

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I liked @brummie more when Villa were shit tbh 

People are just clutching at straws, they are probably the best or second best home team in the league currently, with only Liverpool comparable, we’re going to get batted, some of our fans are a bit dense though and think because we beat them earlier in the season we’re going to smash them now

Edited by nufcnick

Torres being out for them gives us a bit of a chance, if it’s Carlos and Lenglet CB I fancy is to cause them problems. The main issue is I can’t see how our midfield competes against them.

On 27/01/2024 at 22:11, HaydnNUFC said:

The last Newcastle player to score at Villa Park? Gouffran, September 2013. :lol:

YES LADS! 
A great 2-1 win for us that day. One of many good wins. See ya later!

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Torres being out for them gives us a bit of a chance, if it’s Carlos and Lenglet CB I fancy is to cause them problems. The main issue is I can’t see how our midfield competes against them.

The best thing you can see on the team sheet is exactly that, Carlos and Lenglet with Konsa at RB, as he's absolutely wasted there, and Carlos isn't anywhere near as good a CB. I hate it when we do it, but we do do it quite a lot.

53 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

People are just clutching at straws, they are probably the best or second best home team in the league currently, with only Liverpool comparable, we’re going to get batted, some of our fans are a bit dense though and think because we beat them earlier in the season we’re going to smash them now

This is the spirit.

Personally reckon we should just forfeit the game and give ourselves more rest to get battered against the next side.

7 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Aye, we probably need to bypass the midfield where possible. Tbf, Villa do play that high line so it's potentially a good time to accept sitting deeper and hoping Isak and Gordon's pace can cause problems.

Agree this is probably our best win condition. Add Murphy/Almiron pace to the list though.

15 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Agree this is probably our best win condition. Add Murphy/Almiron pace to the list though.

Aye, plenty horrible sitting back and catching them exposed is the only

hope.

Not going to bother watching and just pray when I check the result we’ve got something somehow.

Feel like I say this most weeks now but Tino in for Burn to help deal with Bailey. 

Also would give us some pace at the back which we seriously lack and Watkins will run us ragged if we get caught high. 

1 hour ago, Alan Pardew said:

YES LADS! 
A great 2-1 win for us that day. One of many good wins. See ya later!

The team that day was probably the strongest we've had since the Robson era, up to what we have now. Shame about the prick who was managing them. A half decent manager would have had that challenging top 6 that season.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, NE27 said:

This is the spirit.

Personally reckon we should just forfeit the game and give ourselves more rest to get battered against the next side.

[emoji38] It’s crazy isn’t it. You wouldn’t want some of this bunch in your corner when the going gets tough. Absolute white flag waving wet wipes. [emoji38]

2 hours ago, nufcnick said:

How dare people be optimistic about their football club eh? How dare they? Let's all be miserable twats like you eh?

Edited by Scoot

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

How dare people be optimistic about their football club eh? How dare they? Let's all be miserable twats like you eh?

Dry your eyes sweetie 

Funnily enough, this is just the kind of game in a dreadful run and with no confidence, we might sneak a cheeky 3 points.

(It's NUFC :ninja:)

Edited by Jinky
info

Guest reefatoon
7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Fancy being called dense because you think your club might win a football match [emoji38] Let’s just all give up now.