Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

36 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Might it be time for us to go with someone who knows the club? Someone with experience of working in difficult circumstances and someone with a squeaky clean record? I think everyone knows the name I’m about to mention and I’d be surprised if anyone isn’t 100% behind it - Derek Llambias

You've misspelled Lambeezy there. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Club started to disintegrate the day Mort left

I imagine him as our guardian angel. Ashley was always destined to be an arsehole, but certainly at the time Mort ending his sabbatical from Freshfields and Llambias replacing him felt like a massive sliding doors moment.

37 minutes ago, 80 said:

He was quietly involved in supporting Staveley and PIF in the takeover, wasn't he? Never heard anything but good about him.

33 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I've got no memory of this. Fair play.

Screenshot_20240328-170450.png

Really interesting, likewise this had completely passed me by.

52 minutes ago, wormy said:

I'm pleased to say that name feels like such a blast from the past now.

Who was the bloke that everyone fell in love with when Ashley first bought us? Chris Mort? What's he up to these days?

IMG-7206.jpg

8 hours ago, NSG said:

All over Maldini like. He’d be a game changer in terms of bringing in a massive name to the club which has significant pull in the world of football.

Can't see it sadly

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

They hold zero cards. Enjoy your summer window Man U

Ashworth would have had little to zero influence over this summer. Next summer is the worry if they don't sort this out. :lol:

LB, CB and CF this summer.

Ashworth must be wondering what he’s agreed to join. These amateurs tapped him up and presumably told him they’d sort out the compensation etc, now he’s agreed and effectively lost his job they’re trying to do it on the cheap.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Ashworth must be wondering what he’s agreed to join. These amateurs tapped him up and presumably told him they’d sort out the compensation etc, now he’s agreed and effectively lost his job they’re trying to do it on the cheap.

Radcliffe is the personification of arrogance, Ashley esque when he bought us. He clearly did no DD and expected we’d just happily let him go. 

Let’s all laugh at Manure. They might bully and exert pressure on the premier league to get their inequitable demands met, but the way that club and fan base have handled the very unprofessional and public pursuit and unsettling of our contractually employed DOF is crass. The fall out and petty comments from them are hilarious.

£20million is nothing if they seriously think that Dan is going to improve them from challengers to champions. Their new ownership are coming across as cheap and extremely classless - long may it continue.

31 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Let’s all laugh at Manure. They might bully and exert pressure on the premier league to get their inequitable demands met, but the way that club and fan base have handled the very unprofessional and public pursuit and unsettling of our contractually employed DOF is crass. The fall out and petty comments from them are hilarious.

£20million is nothing if they seriously think that Dan is going to improve them from challengers to champions. Their new ownership are coming across as cheap and extremely classless - long may it continue.

Need to be transformed into challengers first.

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

So hypothetically let’s say they say no, we’re not paying and we stand firm. What happens to Ashworth. He can’t come back and work for us?

He stays on gardening leave until 2026 is what's been reported.

And hopefully we have a replacement in soon.

Predictable as fuck.

"We are Man U, only we are allowed to ask big money to release staff from their contracts"

This is what happens when cartels are allowed to run the whole league without any fear of competition.

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Predictable as fuck.

"We are Man U, only we are allowed to ask big money to release staff from their contracts"

This is what happens when cartels are allowed to run the whole league without any fear of competition.

Ratcliffe is the biggest bluffer going plus arrogant to boot. The PR shots of him beaming into the middle distance with his weird comb over have been nauseating and remind me why I dislike that club. The media fawning has been awful, even describing his arrival at the club as a “takeover”. It WASN’T a takeover, they didn’t GET their takeover (we did). The Glazers are still there but apparently this is some brave new dawn for Manchester Red. Norwich scarves have been discarded for the foreseeable.

Asking us to pay for their new stadium. Stadium of the North is it? They’re taking our (or Villa’s say) slice of the pie, cheating to do so , pretending that they’re not and then rubbing that fact in our faces through the press. Hope he and they fail in every conceivable manner for the rest of eternity. 

Edited by Joelinton7

The argument is over when he’s released from his contract. They’ll pay the 21m but want him released straight away.

We've told them to fuck off in no uncertain terms.

They are more than happy to keep him on paid leave for the duration.

11 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

The argument is over when he’s released from his contract. They’ll pay the 21m but want him released straight away.

We've told them to fuck off in no uncertain terms.

They are more than happy to keep him on paid leave for the duration.

Isn't it that they wont pay the 21m?

I think they can have him now of they pay up. They just won't pay up.