Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Longstaff, Murphy, Anderson, Krafth, Miley, White, Dubraka. Now that looks like a mid table side. 

At best I’d say. To think we have the richest owners with that dross and can’t spend a penny.

Just now, et tu brute said:

we can't complete more than three or four passes

Possession problem has been there the whole season away from home. Bizarre how we havent fixed it a bit.

2 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Tbh I could t give a shit about 7th place right now, the whole team needs a reset.

I hope we don't make Europe - we haven't the squad.  Need to strength that first.

We're still right in the hunt for top 7 despite this. Win the next one at home, go on a run, it's still absolutely doable. Need the old Botman back, having a Trippieresque run of form here 

Just now, black_n_white said:

At best I’d say. To think we have the richest owners with that dross and can’t spend a penny.

Rules changed today so let's see what happens. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

We're still right in the hunt for top 7 despite this. Win the next one at home, go on a run, it's still absolutely doable. Need the old Botman back, having a Trippieresque run of form here 

It’s not doable with how we defend though.

Howe seems incapable of learning, why the fuck would you change how we played against wolves, back to type. I’m getting closer and closer to thinking we need a change in the summer 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Dismal performance from start to finish, front to back. Every single thing that we were last season we're absolutely not this season. We've gone backwards massively over the last 4 or 5 months, it's been pigshit for ages, the sooner the season ends the better

There's no signs of it getting better either. We need to use this season as a lesson in how to attempt to compete on all fronts - if we don't qualify for Europe then we can't apply what we've learned (if anything). In that scenario I don't really see the point in Howe being here next season, just to repeat this season the following year.

Just now, nufcnick said:

Howe seems incapable of learning, why the fuck would you change how we played against wolves, back to type. I’m getting closer and closer to thinking we need a change in the summer 

His nephew getting promoted suggests we're probably committed to him. But finishing bottom half will surely be eyebrow raising for PIF?