Newcastle United 4-3 West Ham United (30/03/24) | Reaction: pg 50

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s a monumentally poor decision by the referee. The pundits will obviously talk about us switching off, but fuck me 

I don't see how you can blame the defence switching off when our central defender is clutching his face on the floor right where a free kick is taken? Was it even a free kick to them in the first place..?

Just now, Zero said:

Our defence for there first goal is so weird. I mean, why is Paqueta allowed so much space and time to make that pass? And if our midfielder is instructed not to press, then no way our defense line were positioned so high

its just fucking weird.

The pressing has been virtually nonexistent for months now 

Just now, Zero said:

Our defence for there first goal is so weird. I mean, why is Paqueta allowed so much space and time to make that pass? And if our midfielder is instructed not to press, then no way our defense line were positioned so high

its just fucking weird.

Story of our season tbh. High press, no midfield and a turgid defence that gets exposed week after week.

6 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Earn your luck? PSG screw job, constant serious injuries, the insane Cup draws. WTF did we do to earn such bad luck?

Tbf against PSG we conceded chances after chance after chance. Didn’t relieve any pressure. That created room for a dodgy decision 

I think Hall should have come on instead of Krafth. We need some footballers on the pitch that can pass a ball. I’m sick to death of how awful we are at being played through though. Teams get cheap goals against us every single match. Sometimes multiple a game. You can’t be conceding to a single pass and it happens every week. 

Second goal is a disgrace even though it wasn’t a proper head injury. You can’t let a team play a free kick within five seconds of a player going down while he’s still down. Shocking 

Eddie won’t do this. But we should be changing to this: 

Dubs

Livramento. Schar Burn. Hall 

Anderson Bruno Willock 

Barnes.       Isak.     Gordon 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He could play Anderson for a start

2 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Change formation, unless he wants to try out Hall there.

Some people just dont appreciate how shitty Longstaff really is.

Forgot about Anderson.

3 minutes ago, Jilted Generator said:

Elliott Anderson?

And if he gets injured Howe gets pelters for playing him too much too soon after his lay off? 

You could see the players shoulders drop as soon as Lascelles got injured (Schar literally facepalmed) . The confidence is so fragile and yet there still trying, they haven't downed tools like has happened under previous managers at times. Needs a big effort second half and some acumen from Eddie and co and let's use this as a moment to springboard from rather than latest for fucks sake moment in a barmy season. 

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

I don't see how you can blame the defence switching off when our central defender is clutching his face on the floor right where a free kick is taken? Was it even a free kick to them in the first place..?

I’m with you and I’m still raging about it. But we all knew Joe Cole would say it’s our fault for going to sleep 

Anderson is a left sided player.  Longstaff plays on the right side of midfield.  They are not like for like players.

Playing Anderson would mean pushing Willock to the right of midfield where he's not a natural player either.  Longstaff is playing because there is no one else available who is comfortable in the position he plays.

That’s such a nasty way to end a half. We’d been on top for most of it, bar a 10-15min spell where West Ham took advantage of Lacelles going off injured.

Krafth backs off Antonio, who waltzes in for a tidy finish. Poor from him, but tough situation coming in cold like that.

After that I thought we had plenty of the ball and controlled most of the mid field play.

Schar gets smacked in the face by Kudo’s flailing arm and that cunt ends up scoring the most shit house of shit house goals. 

[emoji38] the rub of the green is pure sandpaper for us right now.

Just now, Nobody said:

And if he gets injured Howe gets pelters for playing him too much too soon after his lay off? 

and Anderson plays primarily on the left hand side

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Tbf against PSG we conceded chances after chance after chance. Didn’t relieve any pressure. That created room for a dodgy decision 

How many chances conceded = the ref and VAR saying fuck it give them a goal? What nonsense! 🤣

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Krafth is such a nothing player. Never understood the weird praise.

There's a few get it, it's like stroking a dog that's just shit on your new carpets.

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Definitely a free kick to them, but you can't just let them play with a player down holding his face, especially if the play has stopped without checking on the player. It's plain old poor refereeing, from yet another utterly dogshit ref. I'm not sure there's a league with worse refs, ours are mind bogglingly terrible.