Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 13/4/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Remember when Robert scored those two screamers against Spurs

Always thought the volley was better than the long ranger but from past discussions on the forum I think I'm in the minority

Spurs are clearly better now than they were last season , however don't understand why people are writing this game off so easily , even with half our squad injured we have more than enough to cause them problems . They aren't anywhere near the level of the top 3 who are the only teams we should be scared of at home . A draw is the least I expect in this one .

Edited by Geogaddi

26 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Spurs are clearly better now than they were last season , however don't why people are writing this game off so easily , even with half our squad injured we have more than enough to cause them problems . They aren't anywhere near the level of the top 3 who are the only teams we should be scared of at home . A draw is the least I expect in this one .

Too right, Spurs are decent but it was only 3 weeks ago they got battered 3-0 at Fulham, they're nothing special

Edited by NUFCDoog

given that Spurs haven't had any Europe to contend with and they went out of both cups pretty much as early as possible yet they're still only 5th in the league, I find the wankfest over Postecoglu more than a bit tiresome to be honest. Would be nice to humble them at SJP again. 

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Remember when Robert scored those two screamers against Spurs

Always thought the volley was better than the long ranger but from past discussions on the forum I think I'm in the minority

It's not even a question.

What a performance from him that day. I wish we had someone who could whip a corner in and strike from distance now.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

It's not even a question.

What a performance from him that day. I wish we had someone who could whip a corner in and strike from distance now.

Tonali can certainly take a quality set piece 

18 minutes ago, Earp said:

Anyone know if I can upgrade an U14

ticket to an adult ticket via the box office? 

If bought as a ballot/membership ticket I would’ve thought not but worth asking. You’ll be able to return it if no good I wouldv’e thought if you don’t leave it too late. 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

If bought as a ballot/membership ticket I would’ve thought not but worth asking. You’ll be able to return it if no good I wouldv’e thought if you don’t leave it too late. 

Got in the ballot but my 10 year old daughter can’t now go but my 18 year old can 

Was this the game that's meant to have the one off shirt for Charity?

anyone guessing the charity? I'm guessing it wont be the foodbank or NUcastle

Edited by Arknor

Richarlison is back for this game meaning they will be at full strength. I'm not so worried about the first half as I am in the second half when they can sub on the likes of Kulusevski (or Johnson depending on whom starts), Bentancour, Werner, Lo Celso, Dragusin, Højbjerg, Emerson & Davis against tired legs while we can put on one of Barnes or Murphy depending on whom starts before needing to turn to childeren and pensioners.

If we can shock them early on with hopefully more than one goal, I can see us being able to hang on to something. If it's even or they are up at half time I can't see us getting anything.

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tonali can certainly take a quality set piece 

Got most of his Milan assists from corners if I'm not mistaken? That could say more about Milan's set peices in general rather than him of course.

I actually think our set pieces have been decent recently with Tripps out the team, little bit more variety with different players taking them.

Edited by Mazzy

I love Tripps but nowt worse than one player taking every set piece. 

Under SBR there was a fight between Robert, Solano, Shearer and even sometimes Gary Speed.

From what I've seen Bruno and Murphy and Gordon have all taken as good a corners as Trippier.

28 minutes ago, STM said:

I love Tripps but nowt worse than one player taking every set piece. 

Under SBR there was a fight between Robert, Solano, Shearer and even sometimes Gary Speed.

From what I've seen Bruno and Murphy and Gordon have all taken as good a corners as Trippier.

Longstaff planted one right on Botman's head at Anfield, too.