Crystal Palace 2-0 Newcastle United (24/04/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

Just now, Andy said:

Thought Longstaff could've stayed on his feet tbh, he's hiding at the minute and would rather go down than try to get a shot away 

This is what I think. I know it’s at full pace. But on the slow mo there is fuck all contact and you can see he delays going down. He does it all the while and never sells it. Worst diver I’ve ever seen for us. So unconvincing :lol: 

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

That's a pen 10/10 times if it's literally anyone but Longstaff :lol: He is so shit at diving. Glad he got a card.

Eh? 

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye, not like this defence didn’t do a job against Spurs the weekend before last.

Spurs rancid front line is the same as this today? Spurs didn't even bother to press us at all.

Palace are all over us.  Mateta is bulldozing through everyone.  No one can get near Eze.

Weird to compare the two..

The contact is clearly enough to change his balance and stop the shot.  It's a penalty because it's obviously "contact with consequence".  But again rules are only suggestions to Premier League officials and they can just decide to ignore them if they want the result to go the other way.

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

But it's not a fucking dive ya burk

Problem is that the fucking thick dog shit player longstaff has been diving all season so he gets nowt, which is what you get when you fucking fall over from wind. Get him OUT