Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 4/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Felt we were very strong last week when Barnes Wilson Isak and Gordon were all on the field at the same time, pretty terrifying front four. Don't think we'll start like that, but it would be nice if Eddie can accommodate them all again at some point.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Felt we were very strong last week when Barnes Wilson Isak and Gordon were all on the field at the same time, pretty terrifying front four. Don't think we'll start like that, but it would be nice if Eddie can accommodate them all again at some point.

424 would be class against burnley

13 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Why oh why did i just look at Barnsleys results since January :icon_puke_l:

Why did you look at Barnsley's results since January?

Away form is dogshit, need to turn that around and win today if we want 6th. Man U will no doubt drop some points v Palace and Arsenal but Chelsea are hitting some form. Win today and put Brighton away at home and we’ll be looking good for 6th. 

15 hours ago, Bondedcrown said:

During what period this season?

Basically up until he was on the verge of a two match suspension. I can't think of many unlucky yellows he's got, but I can think of a few times he was lucky not to get a red.

There's obviously a chance a point may not be a terrible result. That would mean neither Man U or Chelsea winning though so, for me, we'll need to win it to maintain a greater chance of 6th. 

It's pretty obvious we should be winning this game if we are what we want to be. But I've largely given up trying to predict results now for this season. We're the definition of inconsistent. Only thing I'm pretty confident of is that we won't look like a great, well oiled team.

15 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Think Burnley have wisened up a little.

They’ve been really tough to beat recently. We don’t need to win this one. I’d take a draw as long as we beat Man Utd. 

As much as I think this will be tough, we are in danger of talking them up a little too much. :lol:

35 minutes ago, 80 said:

Basically up until he was on the verge of a two match suspension. I can't think of many unlucky yellows he's got, but I can think of a few times he was lucky not to get a red.

So he proved everybody wrong by changing the things he does on the field massive plus point if you think about it? 

Fearful of our away form I'd be tempted to take four points from this and Brighton if offered... but then again Burnley are shite and much worse Newcastle sides have beaten much better Burnley sides at Turf Moor in the recent past.

Surely we can't be as dismally limp again like we were against Chelsea, much of Fulham and Palace? Being stupidly hopeful, maybe it's something to do with the distance? :lol:

Away record, London and further south:

W1 D1 L6

Away record, north of London:

W3 D1 L4

🫠

5 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

So he proved everybody wrong by changing the things he does on the field massive plus point if you think about it? 

100%. @TRC was just commenting on some podcast implying today's referee somehow had it in for Bruno because he's booked him a lot*. Some referees have it in for players (Uriah Rennie vs. Shearer) but if anything, Bruno seems to get the rub of the green for most of his time with us.

*Turns out that wasn't even true.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

3-0 loss. Hall to get a goal

Fixed your post.