Tosin Adarabioyo: set to sign at expiry of Fulham contract (Various)

Jack27

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Beth said:

Adarabioyo and Kelly are both playing for mid table teams. It makes perfect sense to get them if we are aspiring for mid table, but not so much if we want top four.....

Arsenal paid £100m for a player that finished 14th and they are going to win the league or get very close to it, how did that work?

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

3 hours ago, Beth said:

Adarabioyo and Kelly are both playing for mid table teams. It makes perfect sense to get them if we are aspiring for mid table, but not so much if we want top four.....

Scott Mctominay bid coming in 3...

6 hours ago, Beth said:

Extremely short sighted viewpoint. Both are premier league starters, Kelly is still young, is fast and will only get better and there’s the bonus that he can fill in at LB if needed too. Tosin has qualities we lack I.e pace and would be a solid addition. Signing both on free transfers bolsters the defence (and improves our back line speed) until Botman returns and allows significant outlay on positions like striker and RW., positions which will be expensive. 

6 hours ago, Beth said:

Liverpool won a title and Champions League with a good chunk of the team signing from mid-table and relegated sides.

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Liverpool won a title and Champions League with a good chunk of the team signing from mid-table and relegated sides.

Yeah wasn’t Robertson signed from Hull?

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah wasn’t Robertson signed from Hull?

Wijnaldum from us, van Dijk and Mane from Southampton, Firmino has just finished 8th with Hoffenheim when he joined...

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

Well I for one think Beth's point was excellent and made a lot of sense.

Sure but the club has to box clever with its spending. RW and striker will cost serious cash. Assuming it happens it makes sense to me at least. 

Posted (edited)

There's an argument for signing players with a habit of winning, but we've got a big enough group now who win games more often than they lose, so anyone brought in from a struggling club can be turned around.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

7 hours ago, Beth said:

This is a great point. Liverpool would have won the league by about 40 points for the last ten years on the run if it wasn't for the mid-table fodder they signed like Sadio Mane, Jordan Henderson, Andy Robertson, Virgil van Dijk, Georginio Wijnaldum etc weighing them down. 

Proven steady premier league defenders for £0, or roll the dice on some expensive ones? No brainer.

Save the core money on the blue chip RW and additional CM. 

5 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Proven steady premier league defenders for £0, or roll the dice on some expensive ones? No brainer.

Save the core money on the blue chip RW and additional CM. 

And probably a striker 

4 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Arsenal paid £100m for a player that finished 14th and they are going to win the league or get very close to it, how did that work?

Must be compensated by the signing of elite players from elite clubs. Maybe Jesus’s four goals have helped mask the disastrous impact of such a schoolboy transfer strategy. 

32 minutes ago, Pilko said:

This is a great point. Liverpool would have won the league by about 40 points for the last ten years on the run if it wasn't for the mid-table fodder they signed like Sadio Mane, Jordan Henderson, Andy Robertson, Virgil van Dijk, Georginio Wijnaldum etc weighing them down. 

Man City signing Grealish from Villa as well when they were stuck in mid table at the time.

Posted (edited)

Tosin and Kelly and then put the money on a RW, CM, striker. Then we would have good quality and depth. Next window, or say next summer reevaluate and maybe go big on a different level CB. Ideally I would like that Valencia big bastard Giorgi keeper too but I guess it might be too early. I prefer the CM to be a reasonably athletic one with great technical ability and preferably some versatility and attacking ability. I feel like some sort of midfielder is a must. We have many bodies there but not enough quality. We use three of them and injuries/suspensions will happen and I think it’s a key area that if it works well over a season it will make a massive difference in points total towards the end of the season. More control and composure in there. Improve the technical ability and IQ in there and we are golden.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

Tosin and Kelly and then put the money on a RW, CM, striker. Then we would have good quality and depth. Next window, or say next summer reevaluate and maybe go big on a different level CB. Ideally I would like that Valencia big bastard Giorgi keeper too but I guess it might be too early. I prefer the CM to be a reasonably athletic one with great technical ability and preferably some versatility and attacking ability. 

I think he’ll come in if Bruno leaves and we have surplus cash. Pope is 32 and coming off a second major injury.

7 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Tosin and Kelly and then put the money on a RW, CM, striker. Then we would have good quality and depth. Next window, or say next summer reevaluate and maybe go big on a different level CB. Ideally I would like that Valencia big bastard Giorgi keeper too but I guess it might be too early. I prefer the CM to be a reasonably athletic one with great technical ability and preferably some versatility and attacking ability. I feel like some sort of midfielder is a must. We have many bodies there but not enough quality. We use three of them and injuries/suspensions will happen and I think it’s a key area that if it works well over a season it will make a massive difference in points total towards the end of the season. More control and composure in there. Improve the technical ability and IQ in there and we are golden.

So just the RM, striker, CM and keeper then - where is this money coming from? As far as I understand it is we’re almost up to the ffp limit.

40 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Tosin and Kelly are such no brainers  

Someone not fluent in English may get the wrong impression there......  

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

So just the RM, striker, CM and keeper then - where is this money coming from? As far as I understand it is we’re almost up to the ffp limit.

We start a new FFP year on 1st July.