Burnley 1-4 Newcastle United (4/5/24) - Post-match reaction from page 31

Yorkie

Didn't start particularly well but once we went 1-0 up, it's been 1 way traffic. 

Nothing silly lads please!

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Love Hall's passing to launch these counters

Much prefer Burn passing it to Gordon in our own half expecting him to beat their entire team. 

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Wilson took the lead and your instinct was to whine that the song sucked. I think there's a pattern here mate 

Probably forgot the safety smiley.

Been brilliant after the first shaky first 10 mins. Our movement off the ball has been brilliant

Michael Bridges talking about Asignon as if he's having a worldie was weird

Shaky start which was to be expected, they were always going to fly out the traps. After that complete control and a joy to watch. Hopefully we can keep a clean sheet and get a few more! 

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Pretty sure it was Krafth.

I'm already writing my email of apology to Mr. Rightstaff

This game shows how much a miss Wilson is, especially in away games. He is just so strong on the ball, he takes the pressure off the midfield and creates acres of space for the other forwards around him.

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Probably forgot the safety smiley.

I'm just being a bit catty tbf :lol:

Quite enjoying our strategy of playing shit for the first part of a match to let the slugs think they have a chance before turning it on 

Posted (edited)
Just now, pubteam said:

This game shows how much a miss Wilson is, especially in away games. He is just so strong on the ball, he takes the pressure off the midfield and creates acres of space for the other forwards around him.

99 percent sure he bullied Esteve into faking an injury 

Edited by Sempiternal

Just now, Sempiternal said:

Tino is so legit. Perfect age and he’s only gonna get better. 

We've got such a young, exciting side now. Tino, Hall, Gordon, Isak. It's class 

They came out fast at us, which was to be expected given their situation, but ever since we went ahead we have been excellent in all facets of the game. 

Hall and Livramento have been quality, Hall's passing in particular has been incredible, so many times has he set us off with a lovely through ball. We have a decent set of fullbacks for years to come.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wew ...

So your dissatisfaction is based on him having not won something in the short time he has been here, having taken over a relegation candidate of a team.

Totally disregarding the fact we are already challenging for Europe consistently and have already made a cup final.

That is true misery man. Goodness me.

Give it a rest, man. 

Posted (edited)

Very good, but Burnley are utter dross.

Without a major injury crisis for what must have been two thirds of the season, think we would have made top 4 again. But would be fucking delighted with a Europa finish, as we have a genuine chance of winning either.

Edited by Turnbull2000

Got to say other than weathering the 10 mins of Burnley bluster we've been terrific, a proper away performance. Massive kudos to Eddie and the players for the selection and the showing so far.

Sean's been much better too. Delighted he got a goal and I think he won the ball for the third goal too? Feel like he needed it.

The Hall/Tino partnership at full-back is why I never bought having to play Burn LB to accommodate Trippier bombing on. For the first two goals, one drove forward, the other sat. Hope this is how it is from now.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Wew ...

So your dissatisfaction is based on him having not won something in the short time he has been here, having taken over a relegation candidate of a team.

Totally disregarding the fact we are already challenging for Europe consistently and have already made a cup final.

That is true misery man. Goodness me.

Dissatisfaction is with the club winning nothing for 55 years and since we last won something, everyone below has. 

Sunderland

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Southampton

Stoke City

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Derby

Coventry

Norwich

Aston Villa

Wigan

Luton