Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United (15/05/24) | Reaction: pg 53

Yorkie

Another game, another poor performance, really poor defensively and in the final third

Would rather we finished 8th now then play against some random team from Lithuania on a Thursday night

Dubravka - 4

Hall - 6

Burn - 5

Kraft - 5

Trippier - 4

Anderson - 5

Bruno - 5.5

Longstaff - 4

Gordon - 6.5

Murphy - 5

Isak - 5

Barnes - 5

Almiron - 5

Schar - 5

Joelinton - 5

Absolutely gutting tbh. Enough chances to win the game and a clear penalty not given. I don't even care about Europe at this point, I'd do fucking anything to finish above that toxic cunt stain of a club.

7th still in our hands, think we'll get it too, Brighton will beat this shower. They won't beat City either so it'll be ECL at a minimum 

from the minute that ball casually rolled to mainoo and he scored the easiest goal in his life it all felt inevitable. like everything was just going to break their way the rest of the game. the goals were nice but strangely neither one gave me hope.

Its between Selz or Dubravka for the worst keeper in the league. I wonder how many points hes cost us since Pope got injured.

Just now, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Would rather we finished 8th now then play against some random team from Lithuania on a Thursday night

I don't think our best players would feel that way. It is another competition to do well in and attract talent to compete it.

Europe is still in our hands (barring a monumental calamity in the cup final).  There were bright spots in our team but it’s obvious how much work there still is to do - have to start being ruthless this summer and getting some of the Ashley-era players out

Losing to that Man U team was embarrassing  - utterly unacceptable that 

The standard of defending from us tonight was pathetic to a man - basic stuff 

so so disappointed with the players - let us down 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Pathetic that. Didn’t play like a team that were playing for Europe and the biggest game of the season. 

Trippier was abject. Played like a man just going through the motions waiting for the Euros. 

He should miss out tbf.  He’s done nothing in the last 7 months to earn his place.

It’s widely accepted that Rashford and Grealish shouldn’t be in the squad as they’ve mostly done fuck all all season.  He is no different.

Edited by Sima

Longballs against a Man U team that hasn't had a midfield all season and time and time again has been ran and passed through. Utter madness. 

Amazing that Trippier has come back just in time to pick up where he left off previously, gifting away goals, to spoil the end of the season.

Cannot see us beating Brentford away at all.

Most frustrating Newcastle game I've seen in a long time. Should be fucking shot the amount of chances we've missed. Penalty not given, one off the line. So frustrating. 

Just now, Beren said:

Harsh to say, but Trippier has repeatedly sabotaged Newcastle this season :lol:

:lol: So many lows at some of the worst possible times randomly scattered through an otherwise quality season. Infuriating. 

Posted (edited)

Dubravka: 3.5

Trippier: 4.5

Krafth: 6

Burn: 6

Hall: 8.5

Bruno: 6.5

Longstaff: 5

Anderson: 6

Murphy: 6

Isak: 5

Gordon: 7.5

Extremely disappointing result obviously. A real shame after the flow we were in pre-Brighton that it's ended like this. 7th or 8th looking very likely now, which is still an achievement considering the difficulties of this season, but no less raw and disappointing.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Straight up bottlejob, that Man U defence is made of paper. The list of players I would look to shift in the summer has just grown.

2 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

You’re an idiot :lol: