Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

1 minute ago, RS said:

Another perfect Southgate game. Bathed in beige. You’d think Mike Ashley appointed the gormless clown. 

Beige is the perfect way to put it

5 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Not seen the second half yet but it’s faintly ironic that the defence has been comfortably the best part of our team so far.

You've got 10 CB's tbf.

England into the final chapter of the Emperor's New Clothes with Southgate. [emoji38]

Such dignity though. So humble.

Gordon uninjured, Trips value increased :thup:

Lineker and Micah look like when the cameras are off they are literally slagging Southgate off, effing and blinding and getting into a right radge and then the cameras go on and they're full of rage but have to be presenters! 

3 minutes ago, midds said:

I'd love to see this English squad with a manager who had a bit of belief in them and encouraged them to go forward and play aggressively. We need to play on the front foot (apologies for the Pardew-ism), this set of midfielders and attackers are fucking mint but they're constantly being stifled by the dour negative fucker in the dugout who is seemingly scared shitless of letting them get at team. Cut them loose ffs. 

100%

This team is full of players at teams that press week in and week out. They understand how to go about that.

Why not take advantage of that? It also suits your footballing identity as a nation, a more aggressive high tempo style.

None of these guys sit deep for their clubs defensively. You can see they don't even feel comfortable doing it, or know what they're doing.

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Fans with crazy expectations. 

Previously, I'd agree with that sentiment.

Think it's a tad unfair to call fans out for what is quite clearly mismanagement of epic proportion. 

England isn't the best side in the Euros, but nobody can tell me that side should be playing the way it has for such a prolonged amount of time. Gareth just hasn't adapted at all to the veritable wealth of decent players at his disposal.

I'd love for England to do well, just think they will always be hamstrung by our management teams adverse nature to taking any risks.

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Pickford

TAA

Walker

Stones

Tripps

Rice

Bellingham 

Foden

Saka

Kane

Gordon

TAA to join Rice in CM when England have the ball.

Saka and Gordon stretching out wide.

Foden, Kane and Bellingham to combine in the middle.

Easy peasy

Needs more right backs. 

Tbh anything is better than the current pile of shit.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, perhaps. But to be playing at such a poor level, against pretty ordinary sides though?

Inexcusable in my opinion.

We don’t have played in their right positions so you get disjointed performances. 

Pope

Trippier Lascelles Burn Tino

Murphy Longstaff Miley

Gordon Wilson  Barnes

Subs: Gillespie, Hall, Rashford, Grealish, Maddison, Vardy.

If Southgate doesn't watch Gordon enough to fancy him, there's no chance the FA even knows who Howe is. Next manager will be Steve Cooper.

11 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I can maybe see see why he doesn't give Palmer a go if he's worried he won't do the work the other way, but Gordon is awesome both ways. I would've thought he'd have been a Southgate golden boy for it.

Yeah I'm genuinely amazed Gordon hasn't even got on the pitch yet, he ticks so many boxes

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Pope

Trippier Lascelles Burn Tino

Murphy Longstaff Miley

Gordon Wilson  Barnes

Subs: Gillespie, Hall, Rashford, Grealish, Maddison, Vardy.

That would actually be better ffs.