James Trafford

I'm fine with this. Good competition for Pope, good learning path for Trafford if he is willing to sit on the bench. He is more likely to do that than Ramsdale or Mamardashvili would be. Hopefully we get it sorted for 17m and add on's

Really not keen on Trafford. Guy does not scream any more talent than Woodman years back. 

Need a goalkeeper that can come in and be a level up straight away, not one that’s inferior and may not improve because he plays no games next season.

Also, not sure what people are thinking in Trafford sitting on bench not playing for 1-2 seasons serves? Guy needs to be playing games to learn mistakes and improve. Serves him no good to not be playing for 2 seasons.

Clearly didn’t look Prem ready, so no games for 2 seasons, suddenly going to be prem ready? 

Just now, Scotty66 said:

We're slowly building the future England team.

Trafford, Livramento, Miley, Gordon..

Hall as well, he will be in the team in less than a year based on current improvement trajectory 

1 minute ago, Funtime Frankie said:

Hall as well, he will be in the team in less than a year based on current improvement trajectory 

He can play left back, is English and is not currently injured. There's an argument he should be in the team now [emoji38]

Just now, Keegans Export said:

He can play left back, is English and is not currently injured. There's an argument he should be in the team now [emoji38]

If he’d got into our team two month earlier, there’s a reasonable possibility he would be.

Just now, Keegans Export said:

I think if he had another month he would be in the squad, I think whoever takes over from Southgate will give him a chance

Is it not better to get Woodman at that price? Home grown, more experienced, probably cheaper and also was talked of as a future England GK, also was part of that U17 winning team for England

I remember watching Burnley earlier in the season and watching their team not knowing many of their players.

I was shocked how bad he was that day, uncertain, flapping and generally weak. I was shocked to read he was 6'6 as he looked like a schoolboy lost in the box of men when I watched.... However, I trust the club scouting to know better than me and he's clearly the cream of the crop in the England pipeline so, makes sense to develop and make great or flog for 100m to Chelsea in 5 years.

5 hours ago, Elliottman said:

Let’s trust the scouting process, it’s never let us down yet. 

That's my take on it. It is a bit risky spending that much on a keeper who's seemingly not developed fully yet, but I can only assume the scouting team like what they see,. It's the sort of deal which will get done as we won't be fighting off cartel clubs for his signature. Not sure what that means particularly but it's not like we have many other options.

The moment Tosin chose Chelsea meant we wouldn’t go huge on a keeper. Correct decision imo, also happy to have Pope be number one for another season. He’s massively under appreciated imo.

Pope number 1 with an up and coming understudy who is an England international to eventually become number 1 I’m not sure what’s not to like there. I’m glad we aren’t wasting money on Ramsdale 

I get the logic behind it, but if Pope gets another injury... We're essentially back to square one. Currently I don't think he's better than Dubravka.

Always a bit wary of transfer stories breaking Saturday morning. Not seen enough of him to judge ability but going for him would suggest Pope starts No.1 this season.

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

I get the logic behind it, but if Pope gets another injury... We're essentially back to square one. Currently I don't think he's better than Dubravka.

I'm better than Dubravka

15 minutes ago, Menace said:

Thankfully we have a scouting network and very intelligent manager who think otherwise - see Gordon, Pope, Burn etc 

18 minutes ago, Menace said:

I trust that anyone we've scouted and are willing to pay £16m for is some way better than Dubravka. It was like playing without a keeper for half a season.

Dubravka is sadly completely done at this level. Trafford is clearly someone with loads of room to grow. If he’s not there just yet I’d be astonished if he’s not up the standard of Dubravka as of last season. Dubravka can’t claim a ball, his reactions are slow, his positioning and being stuck to his line basically gives a striker all the time they need to place it. I have nothing against Dubravka and think he’s served us well but he absolutely has to go this window