Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

“He’s very good with his staff, very demanding of his team in terms of what he wants from them, and the standards he expects are exceptionally high. But he’s very fair with how he treats people, very loyal and trustworthy, very honest and straight-talking. He’s people-driven: if you’re working hard for the cause, he’ll back you.”

That loyalty has seen an entourage shadow Mitchell’s moves. Webb and Metcalf would follow him to Spurs in late 2014. He worked with Laurence Stewart, previously at Manchester City and Everton, at Red Bull and Stewart accompanied him to Monaco, initially as head of recruitment and development, now as technical director. The pair seem to come as a package these days and have been joined at Stade Louis II by compatriots James Bunce, a colleague at Southampton and the US Soccer Federation’s head of performance for three years from 2017, and tactical analyst turned head of football methodology Aaron Briggs, another Manchester City old boy.

Mitchell has suggested he must be a “nightmare” to work with, though his acolytes know what makes him tick. They are used to the insane hours he puts in, and the demands he places on them”

Sounds like a certain someone! 

:howe:

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

“We check everything we can,” Mitchell once explained. “Recruiting is like buying a house — it’s a long-term financial commitment. Before buying a house, you check as much as you can. We do the same. We compile files on targets, we compare them, then use our data and reports to inform a decision. You try and be as meticulous as you possibly can.” Even so, occasionally, one or two will still slip through the net.

Gambling habits?

Posted (edited)

From one of the videos posted earlier he spoke about the work he did at Monaco to ensure talents at the club were being nurtured, and provided with a pathway into the first team. I think the academy is going to see a big improvement.

This makes me wonder if there is any tie in with the news that broke yesterday of the two guys leaving Chelsea. Could that be tied into our hiring perhaps? Saw the below earlier, but not sure how seriously to take it. Possible Paul Mitchell hirings?

Edited by KaKa

55 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

About as likely as St Peter’s Marina! 

There are speedboats and yachts and a canny place to enjoy coffee reet on the tyne, very continental is the Marina its like monaco ..... one has to agree about knotts flats though its stretching it a bit:bluestar:

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

“We check everything we can,” Mitchell once explained. “Recruiting is like buying a house — it’s a long-term financial commitment. Before buying a house, you check as much as you can. We do the same. We compile files on targets, we compare them, then use our data and reports to inform a decision. You try and be as meticulous as you possibly can.” Even so, occasionally, one or two will still slip through the net.

Gambling habits?

People need to accept that Tonali was just unlucky :lol:

21 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Can anyone get on Google street view and see what this cunts garden looks like?

if it looks like Dan or monty don lives there then worry. 

He’s got a Zen garden. Big rock and some gravel. It’s all good. 

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Like with Ashworth, I find it hard to get excited about any directorial appointment tbh. I'm sure the guy is good, but it seems to me like these people are often credited with work that they aren't necessarily directly involved in, especially when it comes to player identification and recruitment.  

Like I say, I'm sure he's competent, but the coverage this kind of appointment gets is always odd to me :dontknow:

I think regardless of direct involvement, even if it's indirect involvement through oversight or proximity or luck, if there's a good record of player recruitment wherever you've been it can only be a good sign imo.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

“He’s very good with his staff, very demanding of his team in terms of what he wants from them, and the standards he expects are exceptionally high. But he’s very fair with how he treats people, very loyal and trustworthy, very honest and straight-talking. He’s people-driven: if you’re working hard for the cause, he’ll back you.”

That loyalty has seen an entourage shadow Mitchell’s moves. Webb and Metcalf would follow him to Spurs in late 2014. He worked with Laurence Stewart, previously at Manchester City and Everton, at Red Bull and Stewart accompanied him to Monaco, initially as head of recruitment and development, now as technical director. The pair seem to come as a package these days and have been joined at Stade Louis II by compatriots James Bunce, a colleague at Southampton and the US Soccer Federation’s head of performance for three years from 2017, and tactical analyst turned head of football methodology Aaron Briggs, another Manchester City old boy.

Mitchell has suggested he must be a “nightmare” to work with, though his acolytes know what makes him tick. They are used to the insane hours he puts in, and the demands he places on them”

Sounds like a certain someone! 

:howe:

I knew it wouldn't be long before Webb followed him. 😂 

Didn't know much of him till I seen his name floating around when Ashworth said he was fucking off.

Said the right things, record at other clubs ticks boxes and more importantly, gets our project back on track.

Welcome Paul Mitchell:indi:

38 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think regardless of direct involvement, even if it's indirect involvement through oversight or proximity or luck, if there's a good record of player recruitment wherever you've been it can only be a good sign imo.

I think the most important part is the network they know outside the club they represent. And this guy seemingly has a very very very expansive network.

Sure though, as a recruitment ms

an, he'll flesh out the department and bring his own people in or at least he has done at previous gigs. So he gets credit whether directly or indirectly?

I do wonder why a lot seem to think sporting directors are searching through forests finding unknown players in the wild, that's what teh scouts do...it's more surely negotiation and good links with agents etc that makes a difference...