Semi Finals: France 1-2 Spain, England 2-1 Netherlands

Disco

3 minutes ago, Cf said:

What the fuck is that team. 

He is doing a 3-6-1 only for Foden not to be benched. Playing him seems more important than winning the trophy. 

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Malen replaces Bergwijn on the right, otherwise unchanged

Think this is a very good move for your guys.

Much more of a threat in behind than any of your other attackers, and gets into dangerous positions so often.

Surprised he hasn't started more regularly. 

Very significant change I think. Be interesting to see how he does.

What we saying, first shot on target 75th ? 80th ?

Same awful bullshit. The football terrorist strikes again :lol:

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

He's made the point a couple of times this week that - due to going in as favourites - the team were playing within themselves for fear of embarrassment. So there's been a mentality shift from one of fear to one of "what can we achieve?" Which I think is interesting and entirely fair. 

Agree with @Beren above, I'm absolutely aching for an actual good performance against Holland. We were still very unimpressive against Switzerland, even if we're moving in the right direction. 

Honestly I find this attitude from Southgate absolutely infuriating. It's grade-A Pardew.

'Oh our team couldn't possibly perform well because they were better than the other team. How can you expect some of the best footballers in the world to cope with the pressure of playing against someone worse than them?'

It drives me nuts. How do you expect the team to play well with that mentality? And it's coming from the manager. GAAAAARH!

We were improved against Switzerland, the best team we'd played so far. The Netherlands will be another level up.

I think we give a good game of it tonight, and I think we nick it.

3 minutes ago, Aiston said:

In a semi final and not even fucking excited for it :lol:

You just know we'll get the same utter shit we have all tournament.

40 mins from kick off in a Euro Semi Final against what is on paper a throughly beatable side whose players (again, on paper) aren't as good as ours.

I should be counting down the seconds to kick off, instead I'm filled with unrepentant rage that the court jester holds the keys to the castle and will serve up another bout of pissy dog shit diarrhea and hope that one of his star players can fluke a goal.

I feel like we've missed the boat to win something now with Spain and Germany resurgent and France surely binning of their Steve Bruce tribute act.

Maybe I feel nothing cause I know that we dint deserve to be where we are and Spain will shag us senseless in the final anyway. 

Jettison Southgate into the sun, I hate him.

17 minutes ago, Troll said:

:lol:  Pickford has never heard the word "insanity" before.

“I’m a lad from the north east” or something to that effect when he stated he didn’t know the meaning. Playing up to the thick northerner stereotype.

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Anyone else purely wanting an England win cos it'll mean a longer drinking day on Sunday versus a Spain v Netherlands final? That's my only attachment to this result :lol:

We’re doing a “lock-in” for people at work tomorrow and a win will make for a much better atmosphere :lol:

6 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Great memories of Brian Moore and that famous qualifier against Netherlands. Horrendous decision not to send Koeman off. poor Graeme Taylor treat like shit by our media with turnip pictures

Fuck, still makes my blood boil that, ref absolutely massively bottled it and didn’t do his job. It was so fucking blatant. I remember completely losing my shit, but in a grammatically correct manner. 

Just now, andycap said:

Carney talking shite 😂 the bench will win us the game. 

Aye because Southgate has really dazzled us with his astute use of subs in this tournament like.

The Dutch should have beaten the French in the group stage. I'm not sure where all this pundit confidence comes from especially the way we've been playing and the lack of chance creations.