Will Osula

Just now, Scoot said:

This is exactly the sort of player I was expecting us to sign as a 3rd striker. Trust Howe, Mitchell and the scouting department on this 1. 

Just had a quick read of a Blades forum and they're a little upset to see him going. He's got loads of potential is the general take on him. 

Link ?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully we keep Wilson as well, not against the signing, but if he’s second choice I’d be a bit wary of him having to play lots of games in case of an injury to isak.

Yeah I think we have to, or another signing I guess. 

I like this type of signing, there's possibility of it going either way, but that little inkling of hope that it could be an absolute monster in the future.

Edited by Bimpy474

Presumably this means Wilson is staying for another season. Signing a 3rd choice CF who can also cover out wide makes sense at that sort of price.

Would be part of a good window if we can add quality at CM and RW too.

I'd rather him than DCL.

We have a good hit rate on identifying talent. Excellent, in fact. Considering that history, plus Mitchell, plus our financial situation, plus the players we can't seem to push out the club - let's give one a shot.

Wilson be staying now I'd imagine. Rather go with a youngun like him as a 3rd choice next season than splash out 30+ million on DCL as a 2nd choice

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully we keep Wilson as well, not against the signing, but if he’s second choice I’d be a bit wary of him having to play lots of games in case of an injury to isak.

Think this is a clear sign that Callum is staying tbh. Doubt we'd get much interest after his latest injury

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Always has been strange that we don't have any young strikers anywhere near the team. Hopefully he's able to make an impact when he does get a chance. 

I was thinking this. When we've been down to the bare bones up front I've seen a few people say "do we not have someone from the academy to put on", but apparently not, or nobody quite ready.

So I'll be happy with this, and excited to see what potential he has. 

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was it Nixon who broke this the other day ?

Yeah, don't know why people rag on Nixon. He broke this, Lewis Hall last summer and was first on Trafford I think? (which obv didn't happen but turned out we did have intent there).

Don't know a thing about him but we obviously need a back-up striker so it's a positive step. It's more of a gamble than signing someone like Calvert-Lewin, who is guaranteed to provide meaningful competition, but I assume this is just a reflection of our financial limitations. 

Nice to see something happening.