Will Osula

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Really? I’ve done the same finish 50  times and even some better and I don’t have any talent even close to what he has. It was a simple run and finish. He has many good raw ingredients and potential and hopefully he can grow into a very good player. Just find it funny how we (myself included) sometimes big up even the most simple things. 

???

Liked him. Aggressive, some good feints, turn of pace and looked comfortable overall. Yes, a few ungainly moments. He's barely met his teammates !

Nice finish but was deffo offside.

58 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Really? I’ve done the same finish 50  times and even some better and I don’t have any talent even close to what he has. It was a simple run and finish. He has many good raw ingredients and potential and hopefully he can grow into a very good player. Just find it funny how we (myself included) sometimes big up even the most simple things. 

I doubt you've ever moved that fast in your life! Brought the ball down that well, then got it out your feet to finish while moving at that speed!

Simple run and finish?! Must be why Jackson and Nunez screw up chances like that all the time.

Doing that at a snails pace in your 5 a side league isn't the same thing! :D

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

fucking people man, never cease to amaze you. 

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I doubt you've ever moved that fast in your life! Brought the ball down that well, then got it out your feet to finish while moving at that speed!

Simple run and finish?! Must be why Jackson and Nunez screw up chances like that all the time.

Doing that at a snails pace in your 5 a side league isn't the same thing! :D

I wasn’t being entirely serious though :lol: I kind of exaggerated quite a bit. What I was trying to say is that you can’t really say too much because of ONE run and ONE finish. He has potential and good raw ingredients and looks like he could be a handful so fingers crossed he develops well. I like the gamble of signing him, could prove to be good business. It’s just that sometimes we big some players up because of a couple of good things. He was decent today 👍 

Also, I’ve done 100m in just over 10 seconds when I was young. I used to sprint. Not that it matters. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious though :lol: I kind of exaggerated quite a bit. What I was trying to say is that you can’t really say too much because of ONE run and ONE finish. He has potential and good raw ingredients and looks like he could be a handful so fingers crossed he develops well. I like the gamble of signing him, could prove to be good business. It’s just that sometimes we big some players up because of a couple of good things. He was seven today 👍 

Also, I’ve done 100m in just over 10 seconds when I was young. I used to sprint. Not that it matters. 

No big deal man. Just having a bit of fun.

The way that moment played out was just nice to see. Looked very confident, which is half the battle.

If he had awkwardly miscontrolled the ball out for a goal kick, or scuffed the finish wide, looking like Jackson and Nunez usually do in those situations, it would have been at least a little disappointing.

Looks really self assured.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No big deal man. Just having a bit of fun.

The way that moment played out was just nice to see. Looked very confident, which is half the battle.

If he had awkwardly miscontrolled the ball out for a goal kick, or scuffed the finish wide, looking like Jackson and Nunez usually do in those situations, it would have been at least a little disappointing.

Looks really self assured.

Yeah it might have been a bit disappointing if he had miscontrolled it “like them”. But make no mistake even if he had done so it wouldn’t say a lot, because he will fuck up those situations many times before he gets consistent and prolific, if he does. The best players do so as well. He has a long way to go before we can even compare him to Nunez or Jackson despite them missing a lot. Hopefully it won’t take too long time wise but he hasn’t proven anything yet. (Well they can be compared but much to prove)

Edited by Ikon

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Yeah it might have been a bit disappointing if he had miscontrolled it “like them”. But make no mistake even if he had done so it wouldn’t say a lot, because he will fuck up those situations many times before he gets consistent and prolific, if he does. The best players do so as well. He has a long way to go before we can even compare him to Nunez or Jackson despite them missing a lot. Hopefully it won’t take too long time wise but he hasn’t proven anything yet.

Yeah, I know.

I'll just leave it at this. I was hoping to see a more technical striker, rather than just pure physicals, and I think he at least leans towards the technical side and will have a chance to develop more that way.

And so I'm excited to see how that plays out going forward.

Didn't see the match but did see the disallowed goal. What was his general play like? Did he look raw, a rough diamond, or not far off from where he needs to be? In terms of raw attributes he seems like the typical Howe striker like. 

30 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I wasn’t being entirely serious though :lol: I kind of exaggerated quite a bit. What I was trying to say is that you can’t really say too much because of ONE run and ONE finish. He has potential and good raw ingredients and looks like he could be a handful so fingers crossed he develops well. I like the gamble of signing him, could prove to be good business. It’s just that sometimes we big some players up because of a couple of good things. He was decent today 👍 

Wow that just over probably puts you in the fastest 500 British men ever. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Like 10.1 seconds or 11 seconds? Wouldn’t you have been competing on the world stage if it were the former :lol: 

55 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Didn't see the match but did see the disallowed goal. What was his general play like? Did he look raw, a rough diamond, or not far off from where he needs to be? In terms of raw attributes he seems like the typical Howe striker like. 

In terms of the role he's coming in to fulfil, I'd say he didn't look far off where he needs to be. He looked more than £10m in today's market worth to me. He seems the type to not go missing in games which lone forwards can, he was chasing down constantly, occupying good spaces and has a stature and presence about him too. Really positive signs, I reckon Eddie will be pleased with what he saw.

3 hours ago, black_n_white said:

You can clearly see on just that single clip where he puts the ball in the net this lad has some talent. Kind of player who’ll need a quick goal or two or confidence may become a problem.

Didn’t catch the game but have JDT vibes/hopes.

JDT never really recovered from first 60 seconds of the opening game of the season against Sheffield Wednesday when he missed that 1 on 1.

I agree if he gets an early chance/goal he’ll have a positive season.

He done a lot of work today used his body well when we went long and drew freekicks. He looked shagged when he came off. A Fanny's hair away from scoring on his debut quick strong that'll do me.